Same Quilt Same Question

I showed this quilt before with an idea. Now I have another. Would it be better to do all the white in the SAME background fill? Or, I got to thinking of doing a more modern quilting method (quilting without regard to the pattern.) It looks like a lot of SID to me and I am not much for that and I don't think the customer is either.

post-3653-0-56179100-1398202477_thumb.jpg

If it was mine to quilt, I'd use the same filler in all the background white fabric, just for continuity.

If you want to go modern using an overlay-style design, your main issue would be thread color. I'd go with white or silver. There are lots of straight lines in modern quilting, but overall circles of many different sizes would be very effective on this less-than-totally-modern pattern.

If you don't want to do SID and she can't afford it, how about the overlay technique but using all the same design in each block--ignoring the piecing? Audition some stencils that will fit in the blocks or come up with your own design and plop that onto every block. Then you can do some crosshatch, straight-line designs, or curvy stuff in the sashings and cornerstones.

Archived