2 questions for U

At my house here on the island 30minutes at the most if you are lucky! BTW very cute feet! Yes I see them!!!!  very cute quilt and great quilting!

Oh and Urban Elementz is having their 25% off sell this week. They have a very cute panto of feet, hands, and feet with hands. Yep I have those too! :D

I use a water-dispensing pen to run over any balky purple marks--and I use the purple pens exclusively for marking. It can take up to a week here, depending on humidity and how fresh the pen is. You'd think a place that already passed the average rainfall mark for May on the 5th would be more humid--but we're not, thank goodness!

By the way, your feet are cute! ;)

Cute, cute, cute! Yep, I can see the feet. I'm surprised you're having trouble getting the purple to go away. I don't often use those pens because the marks don't stay long enough for me to get the quilting done before they're gone. You could try opening a window, except the pollen from the hedge bushes might choke you to death. Spritzing would probably work. Or as Heidi suggested, dab it with a wet Q-tip. 

Linda, May hasn't been that bad here (except for the tornadoes), but we've already had 27" of rain so far this year.

I have one here that has had purple marks for over two weeks. After I bind it I am putting it in the washing machine. 

Yes, I can see the feet.  How cute.  I did something similar one time with hand prints. I used a handprint cookie cutter and traced around it, then quilted it.

Spritz it with a spray bottle of water. Let dry, if marks aren't all gone spritz again and let dry. Air dry of course. Winter here they can last a long time. In the summer with the swamp cooler on, they are gone before your done marking. It is all humidity.

Shirley

Sometimes they take forever to go away.  Some days, I can't even finish quilting a simple design with them before they are gone and I'm left wondering where my trail went.  They do eventually disappear.  Sometimes I think it's like a watched pot.  As long as you're expecting them to go, they won't.  I've returned quilts to a customer with them still in, and told them to let me know if they aren't gone within a few days.  They always vanish.

Archived