Millie and My 1 Year Anniversary - Things I've Learned

Over the last year, these are the things I've learned ...

I cannot sneeze and stipple at the same time.

Backing loaded right side up does not look near as good on the back of a quilt as a backing loaded wrong side up.

If you wear long sleeves, make sure your seam ripper or scissors are close to the head of the machine … just in case you sew your sleeve to the quilt while getting in those odd positions holding a ruler.

A bug landing in spikey grey hair while FMQ can cause a 14” unwanted stitched line across a quilt that does not necessarily match the stitching pattern.

Eyeballing a straight line does not mean the stitched line will be straight – use your channel locks.

Changing a needle because you are having stitching and tension problems and putting the needle in backwards will not correct the stitching problems.

Loading a quilt backing, batting and top on TOP of the leveler bar (instead of underneath it) will create stitching problems and tucks in your backing.

QuiltPath does what you tell it to … not what you intend for it to do.

When a customer says, “oh, just do what you want”, that’s not always what they mean.

When a more experienced quilter tells you, “practice, practice, practice”… that IS what they mean!

I have the best machine on the market today. APQS sales and service can’t be beat!

This “family” on the forum is the greatest teacher I’ve found … no matter what question I have, someone is always ready with an answer. I learn so much reading your posts and seeing your pics. THANK YOU!

I’m proud to be an APQS owner!

I, too, have had mine for a year and had to laugh at your post.  Now I am worried about my sleeves.  I'll make sure I wear something that I done care if it gets sewn into the quilt.  How'd you get out of the predicament?  Strip down?

We can all identify with your "Pearls of Wisdom"  Thanks for bringing a smile to me today!!!

I also learned that long sleeves with button cuffs can turn out to be the reason that my thread kept breaking....I was so frustrated with the machine, checked and cleaned everything and then my DH noticed that the thread was catching on my cuffs...(working from the back of the machine)...a duh moment for me!

Thank goodness I was not the only one laughing. I felt a little bad doing so as I know some of those are real painful lessons! You've really learned a lot in a year, and, yes, the APQS family IS the best!!! I don't own an APQS but if I had to do it over, I'd buy one! :)

Archived