Help with decision to buy used Lenni or used Millie

Go with the Millie. I just got a 2008 and it works great. Has some extra features that the Lenni doesn't have as well as extra quilting space. You would definitely need a steel frame. Stronger and better for the long term. Good luck! Whatever you choose, you're going to love it!

Lenni has a 20" throat while the Millie has a 26" throat.  Millie is heavier.  Millie has more features such as electronic channel locks and bobbin threat cutter.  You will need to decide how much space you have available to work with in your home/studio.  Will you be spending some time every day on your quilts and/or customer quilts or only quilting occasionally?  Feel free to give me a call if you want to discuss the differences between the machines and the tables.  I would be happy to discuss our APQS machines with you at any time of the day.  You also may want to call your local dealer to go in and try out the different models and learn more about them.  We all love to chat about our "babies" :P

They are both good machines, but make sure you go with the newer metal table if you are buying the Lenni.  Its original table was meant to fold up and store away and was not very stable.  It made for rickety quilting.  Take into consideration your age and your body condition.  I originally wanted a Millennium, but upon test driving it, decided it was way too heavy for me.  I went with the Liberty, which is kind of a hybrid cross between a Lenni and a Millennium.  They don't make them anymore, but it's always been a great machine for me.

Archived