Looking for Sew-Art International Invisible Nylon thread

I am preparing to quilt a top and I tried a lot of invisible threads that I have on hand - on a practice piece - interesting to say the least - and decided that I like the Sew-Art International Invisible Nylon thread the best.  Went on-line to order and lo! and behold! this thread is not being produced anymore.  Sigh ... so before I go to my runner-up, I thought I'd ask if anyone has any spools of this thread that they don't use.  They are small spools (3000 yds) so I'll need a bunch.  Let me know here or you can email me at sylvia1104@comcast.net.  

Thanks!  

Sylvia

It was probably the best invisible thread.  I'm sorry to hear it isn't being made any more.  If you look on Harriet Hargrave's website, she has some invisible thread that they claim is like the Sew Art.  I haven't tried Harriet's, so don't know.  Maybe it would work.

Thanks to both of you.  I'll check out HH site.  My runner up thread is YLI Invisible.

I did try the  Allure silk thread from fil-tec in black...boy, that thread is absolutely yummy.  I'm going to be searching for places to use that thread!  And placing an order for more colors.  To bad it doesn't come in an invisible "color"!

Anyone found that stray cone of Sew-Art invisible thread yet?

I love Essence too.  I'm surprised to hear that it's too shiny.  Once it gets stitched down, you can't even see it.  Well, at least on the huge appliqué quilt I'm doing.  I hope you find what you want.  For the record, as a long arm quilter, I wouldn't buy a thing from Harriet Hargrave.  She openly campaigns against long arm quilting.

If you're actually quilting 'out in the open' on black material, why wouldn't you use black thread?  Just out of curiosity?  I am currently working on a huge jacobean appliqué with black background and using the Essence to quilt around and on the appliqué (outline work only).  I can't see it, and I've got a halogen side light shining on it.  When it comes to actually doing design work on the black fabric, however, I won't be using the invisible, but black silk thread.  I'm sure you have your reasons, but I would think it would be a whole lot easier just to use black.

Hi Sylvia - yes, it is true that quilting with black thread on black fabric is a bit tricky.  The key to doing it and being able to see what you're doing is having a light coming from the side, at an angle, so it highlights the texture of the quilting.  I have a halogen art display light I can clamp to the top of my machine.  The neck is long enough to come down and shine on what I'm doing.  I would recommend an LED light if you can find one.  I've been burned twice by my halogen light and it is not something you really want to mess with.  I've been on the lookout for an LED that would work.  Stella makes a great light, but I don't think the neck is long enough.

Archived