Quilt Glide - how often do you use

I'm wondering how often those of you who have Quilt Glide actually use it?   I'm trying to determine if this is something I can live without or if it's a "must have".   If you do use it, what do you use it for and why does it do better then not using it.     Thanks!

I primarily do heirloom quilting, very small stippling or small pebbles.  I use it all the time, every quilt.  I also use it to do tiny stitches at the beginning and ending of a line of stitching.  I  am very glad I spent the extra money for this option.

I don't do a lot of tiny stippling to use it.   When I bought my machine, Quilt Glide was one of the free options at that time.   I asked if I could have the Motorized advance instead and they let me do that!   They cost about the same at that time.   I LOVE my motorized advanced and never sorry I got that.

Here's what it says about Quilt Glide on the APQS site:

Quilt easier with the APQS Quilt Glide Stitch Mode feature. Quilt Glide combines manual sewing mode and stitch regulation mode to give you accuracy and consistency without that "jerky" feeling that is common when trying to do detail quilting in regulator mode alone.

When engaged, the Quilt Glide keeps the needle moving up and down in stitch regulation mode, even when you stop moving the quilting machine. Since the needle continues to stitch when the Quilt Glide is on, you'll feel like you're gliding through your design like smooth pen strokes.

Archived