BasiQ Installed!

quiltingkimmy

WOW! I knew everyone said the IQ would make a difference for my turnaround time, but seeing is believing!!

Installation was last Tuesday, I have completed 9 quilts - and I am eating and sleeping ;)

So happy with my decision! My business is pantograph only so I went with the BasiQ, refurbished. I love the ease of adding pantos and how easy it was to learn, but the major change is in how I feel after not standing and doing pantos all day.

Just had to share my excitement with ladies who speak my language! lol

Oh, you are one lucky lady!!! I'm thinking of selling my first born to get an IQ. (She's making me crazy right now LOL) Just think of how much wear and tear on your body you will be saving yourself. My knees KILL me after quilting for a few hours and the rest of my body doesn't feel so great afterwards either! I didn't realize they sold reburbished and BasiQ models. I may have to look into that sometime in the not too distant future!

Bonnie, Don't get the Basic, it it too limited. I am so glad I got the full version, I can do so much more customized work. And you are correct you go from physical labor to brain strain. I just love mine.

Help spread the word, Deloa and Dave Jones are selling my 23XL Nolting so I can buy the Milli. It is the one listed on Used Machines here.

Yes, it's true!  If you buy the Basic IQ and want to trade up later on, you can.  Many who want to do custom find that their productivity improves so much doing pantos with the Basic system, that they can soon move to the Classic.  I was fortunate that I had a extra retirement fund when I retired that I took out and paid cash for my Classic system.  I've never regretted having it.  Best thing to save on one's aging body!

Is there a really big difference between the refurbished motors and the super motors?  I don't quilt as a business and have a Milli?  Would really like to save the money but don't want to be penny wise and pound foolish?  JUst want a few other opinions that have the basic motors.  Thanks  Cheryl

I don't have an IQ but asked the same questions at the IQ booth at a show.  I was told that the super motors are needed for heavier machines.  The rep that I spoke to thought that a Millie would be fine with the refurbished motors.  If you are considering an IQ I would certainly check with your local rep.  I think that is Helen Baczycski and she sometimes pops into the forum.

I work full time, so the practice time didn't allow me time to produce quality of quilts that I wanted.  With the IQ, I have pushed out 20 quilts since Christmas just on the weekends. And I am able to bring my IQ with me from the Nolting 23XL (Dave has on sale here on the Used Machine forum - know of anyone looking for a great deal send them to Dave) to my (I can't wait for her to get here) APQS MIllie.  For a small fee I can take IQ with me.  I also still do some free hand as I haven't learned to do the "NO SEW" area on the Classic.  Check out the Christmas Tree Quilt on my web site http://www.blissquilter.com/ (under construction). I was able to take the patterns and make it fit into the small pointed areas and to break the snow flake original pattern up to fit my needs.  This cannot be done on the Basic.   A row can be done in mintues instead of hours.  Also, I can piece will IQ is sewing.  Multi-projects accomplished. 

I have watch all of Helens' YouTube vidios and others - Check them out it will give you an idea of what little time it takes to sew. I cannot wait until I retire soon so we can play all day, everyday. 

Before purchasing I did confirm with my IQ rep that I could upgrade at any time, just in case ;)

I would recommend talking with an IQ rep to go over your specific needs before deciding. I have a Lenni on a steel table, she is nice and lightweight and the refurbished motor is working beautifully.

For me, I quilt full time doing only pantos, so BasiQ was the most economical option. And with my kids ages 13, 9, and 6 I need to have some energy left at the end of the day - watching the machine run on it's own and saving my back and muscles the strain make it worth every penny!

Kimberley, congrats on getting your BasiQ. It sounds like you have really picked it fast, having finished 9 quilts already. We need photos :)

I bought the BasiQ in June 2013 and absolutely loved it but, and I say but not in a bad way. I decided pretty quickly that I wanted to upgrade to the ClasiQ tablet. I found I wanted to be able to have the options of the extra tools available, but mainly for me I found using the BasiQ tablet a little hard as my eye sight (age related :) ) is not as good as it was.

If you are sure you will only want to do pantos the BasiQ will be fabulous. But like Judith says if you think you will want to do any custom work with the IQ the ClasiQ is the only way to go.

Archived