Batting Caught in Bobbin Assembly

2009 Freedom with SR:  I did a big no-no that is written right in the book! I had the needle running while warming up the machine. I was using a piece of batting to wipe oil off of the bobbin area plate near the bobbin assemble The bobbin area caught threads of the batting it and wrapped it around the bobbin assembly. The machine immediately stopped and blew the fuse. I changed the fuse no problem. I also removed as much of the batting thread as I could. Machine is back on, however, now it only sits and hums. Needle bar doesn't go up and down at all. What do I do now? I have a call into Dawn but heard that they are at a show this week. Any advise is welcome!!

Actually call Amy. Send an email marked urgent help. If it's not running up and down, then you still have something in the hook assembly. Or you might have another fuse somewhere. I have an Oder machine so I'm not sure! Welcome to the club no one wants to join. Look behind the hook assembly and around the retaining finger and ensure all is out. Then check timing. Will it manually move?

Shirley

Barb, if you're in Canada, there is another fuse, but if your lights come on and it hums, I doubt it's a fuse issue.  As Shirley asked, can you rotate the hook manually?  If you can't move the flywheel, then there is something binding the machine: either in the hook assembly or in the gear box.  Call Amy, send her an email, copy to Dawn.  Shotgun approach!!!

Hurray! and God Bless Dawn!!  APQS is the best!! 

My machine is up and running with no damage!! Even though it was her getting off work time, she walked us through the whole process to get it working again. Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm am one happy quilter in Colorado!!

Archived