Brave or Insane???

Ooooooh, please say a prayer for me for Friday, 8/22/2014.  It's my son's birthday (25) and he wants to go sky diving.  That's not the scary part.  The scary part is that he talked me into going with him!  YIKES!!! :o   I don't know if I'm really brave or really really stupid.  Right now I'm thinking I have two days to live.  lol

Sky diving? Oh, that's INSANE!!! I'm not into heights but I can see how it would be a most awesome experience, and to share it with your son, you will have special memories of a lifetime doing this adventure with him. :) My daughter gave skydiving as a present to her now-husband back when he turned 21 -- they had been together since they were 14 and he had always wanted to go skydiving. He really enjoyed the experience, and she stayed on the ground! Where in the San Diego area will you be doing this? I used to live in El Cajon and in Lakeside when I was a kid. On occasion, a hand glider would land in the school yard at Hill Creek School. I imagine you will see some beautiful terrain while you are up in the air!

Ooooo --- have fun and let us know how it went!!! 

You're being brave and I admire you for going.  I wanted to sky dive in my 20's but always chickened out.  Now in my 50's I'm to chicken to even consider it!

Well I just had my 52nd birthday on Monday (the 18th) and I too was too chicken to consider jumping out of a perfectly good plane.  I mean what sane person does that?  According to my son (Mr. Adventurous Spirit) lots of people.  I asked him if he would mind if I just watched from the ground, then I tried to reason with him saying how dorky it would be to do this with his mom.  He thought it would be totally cool to jump with his mom.  His actual comment was something along the lines of "how many kids can say they have a mom that cool."  So of course I said I'd go too.  Now I'm getting nervous.  He's even admitting to being a little nervous too.  If you knew him, you'd know how rare that is.   Tomorrow....eeeeeek.  I just have to keep reminding myself to breathe --- in....out....slowly....in....out....repeat. 

Enjoy this experience with your son :). But couldn't he have found something on the ground special to do with his Mom lol. I think you are very brave dear. If my son would have asked me to go sky diving, I'm afraid I would have asked him to think up something else to do lol. I'm anxious to hear how it went.

Wahoooooooo!!!!!  OMG.  We did it.  Aaaaaaaaa.  It was exhilarating, what a complete rush.  We did the indoor skydiving first.  That was great.  I would do that again in a heartbeat.  It was fun and not scary at all.  Loved it! 

Then we suited up to do the real thing.  Aaaaaaa.  I was excited, but a tad nervous.  When we boarded the plane and starting climbing, I started getting more nervous.  Then as the time got closer and closer, all I could think was "I can't believe I'm doing this.  What was I thinking?  How did I get talked into this.  OMG, OMG, OMG!"  Then it was time to jump (ok so my instructed had to do the jumping and drag me along.  I wasn't doing that on my own). 

You can watch my video on youtube.  Here's the link  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLOfdZdYFao  if that doesn't work you can just search youtube for Lora Morrow skydive.  You might want to fast forward through the first two minutes of commercial. 

It was an absolutely amazing and completely awesome experience -- one that I will remember for a looooooong time, but not one that I need to repeat any time soon.  ; )

I'm really glad I shared this with my son.  You can watch his video by searching youtube for Jeff Morrow skydive. 

If I knew how to post pictures here, I would post one of me free falling from 12,500 feet in the air (nearly two and a half miles above the ground). 

I have my answer though, this is TOTAL INSANITY!!!

What an awesome video.  Looks like you had a GREAT time!  Now you have me thinking about doing this again, even "over fifty"!

I'll have to watch the video of your son too.  What a great memory for you two.  Thanks for sharing your adventure!!  :)

Archived