Midwest quilters going to AQS

Hi, friends! I'm just wondering who is going to the Des Moines show in October. I am intending to go on the 3rd and/or 4th. I want to try out the Quiltpath and Intelliquilter!!!! It seems like whatever you own is what you love :) so after reading comments on the forum, I realize I have to give them both a try. I can't wait.

I am going to be there almost continuously! I am a member of the Des Moines Quilters Guild. I am helping hang quilts for AQS on Monday.

I am making signs right now for a display in the Des Moines part called Quilts That Make My Heart Sing. One tiny quilt was made by a friend of mine when she was 3 years old! Another is a cuddle quilt made by friends for another of my friends that went through chemo treatments. The display is very heart warming from the stories I am printing.

Then I am taking classes Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.....I also white glove the AQS show 1 day and the Des Moines show 1 day so I can do my duty to the guild while I see all the quilts!

Then I go home and collapse for a day or two! It is quilting fun and friends time!

Jennifer...I applaud you....I helped hang quilts at the MN Quilter's show a few years back...it was fun but exhausting!  Sure was fun though to see all the quilts.  Glad we had some younger more agile volunteers too as the ladder work was a bit much for an elderly folk like me!  But there are so many jobs needing to be done to do a show that I will most likely volunteer next year too.  Who knows, I may win one of the "volunteer" prizes!  Lin

Archived