Finally quilted TMB batik quilt

Oma

This quilt top has been done for so long.  I had it on the machine over two years ago.  It was almost half quilted using the computer and I took it off so the machine could have a "spa treatment".  When I put it back on I couldn't get anything to line up again (plus I had resized the pattern and couldn't remember what numbers I had used) so in frustration I frogged it all out.  I put the quilt away for another day.  Thursday I had a "sew day" at my house and my friend did one of her quilts using my CL ribbons board and it came out so cute I decided to throw this one back on and just get it done.  I tried to get a close up pic, but the fabric is so busy the quilting really doesn't show up.  I used a green variegated thread on the front and black on the back.  I'm glad it's done.  I'm going to quickly put together a backing so I can throw another one on the frame and try to get going while I'm in the mood. 

post-4696-0-44876800-1409598080_thumb.jpg

Those diamonds were a pain in the you know what.  The block made up really fast,  The sides flipped back on the diamonds and made it look like a cathedral window.  That meant I was standing quilting from the back and trying to watch the front so I didn't run over those areas and sew the "flange" up.  I only sewed over a couple before I learned to reach over and hold them down.  I don't know if you can tell in this pic.  It's a close up before I finished the top, 

post-4696-0-02919800-1409608196_thumb.jpg

Archived