How good can it be?

cegates

I am always tweaking and adjusting things to improve the movement of my Milli but never feel like it is as good as it should be.  Can anyone give me some guidelines for when things are as good as they are going to get?  I know it is hard to quantify and describe these things, but for example - how far will your machine travel down the table if you give it a little push?  Can you move it front to back with just one finger?  Any other descriptors would be welcomed!

Carol

Carol,

My milli (no bliss) will travel at least 3/4 the length of the table with a little push.  I can easily move it with just two fingers just about any direction, never tried one.  I played with my wheels a lot when I got it to get just the right balance.  Not too tight but not so loose that it moved when I didn't want it to.  Dave Jones came in and reset mine last year and I have to say it is perfect for me now!

Carol, if you have a chance, have a local dealer come and give you an opinion. If you've never been to a road show or tried a Millie at a show, you really can't tell if yours is at optimum adjustment. If you are confident to tweak yours, keep at it until you're happy. M&M wheels make a difference in performance and the ultimate tweak is Bliss, of course.

My 2004 Millie came with composition wheels (the brown ones) and I opted for Bliss when the big hoopla was going on about M&M wheels. It has saved my shoulders and extended my quilting life. Without the Bliss, a gentle push would send the head about 3 feet. With Bliss--the length of the table until it's affected by the weight of the cord. Without Bliss--the handles needed a definite push to start. With Bliss, it needs some thought and an effort to stop!  ;)

Archived