Quilt Path Instructions

Georgene

I am working on better versions of instructions for use with Quilt Path.  And I have included a revision date at the top of each document, since some people (including myself) were having a hard time determining the latest copy.

I don't know exactly how this will work, but I'm hoping to put all the revisions and updates here.  If I have to revise any, I will replace older versions with newer ones and indicate the "as of" date.

So if you click on FOLLOW THIS TOPIC in the top right corner of this page, you should get emails letting you know that a new document has been posted.

I am sorry for confusing you with so many revisions.  I am still learning and improving on what I know as I go.  It takes a long time to create these documents, and it's not easy proofing your own work. I always seem to miss something.  But I know that many of you, like myself, benefit from something in writing.  The videos are great, but when I'm in the middle of a task, I need something in print.   I know Dawn is working on an instruction manual for Quilt Path.  It may supersede all I've done here, but for now, these instructions may help you or someone.

Here are the first ones that I've refined.  

The zip file contains two files that you will need to unzip and place in your QP Quilts Folder in order to help you with setting your Roll Diameter.

REVISED FILE ADDED BELOW

Before Stitching with Quilt Path 18 July 2016 (2).zip

• 3 weeks later...

Since this document goes over the 431 MB limit for this forum, I am providing a link to the document in my Evernote account. I hope it works for everyone. 

I have created another step-by-step instruction sheet for Auditioning Designs in Quilt Path.

I hope you enjoy it.  Have Fun!

http://www.evernote.com/l/AXXRxzKDoP1JPKBFItuPv38SJqKU_OECHr0/ 

I wonder if APQS could create a repository where instructions and documents of helpful information could be uploaded and accessible through the forum, similar to how we load pictures.  I know they have a section available to the public however things from within the forum should stay within the forum since they are not official APQS documents.  Just a thought.

• 4 weeks later...

“Getting Acquainted with Quilt Path”  REVISED

I’ve followed both the Quilt Path forum on the APQS site and the Quilt Path User Group on Facebook.  I have also read all the help files, tutorials, and tidbits about Quilt Path that I could find, and found that not everything is in these files.  Some of it we just have to learn on our own.

I’ve learned a lot and am still learning.  But sometimes it gets confusing, because we all seem to do things a little differently, no surprise to there.

I wanted to know the correct way to do things and keep my system operating the way it was intended to work.  I also wanted to know the correct way to instruct new owners when I train them in my home.

So I wrote up some things on what I thought it took to “Get Acquainted with Quilt Path,” then I asked APQS (Dawn) and Grace Company (Marie and Chris) to review it.  They corrected some of my mistaken assumptions and they provided additional input to help this become an accurate document.  I really appreciate their reviews and input.  It makes me feel much more comfortable putting this out there for everyone.

Attached is a document, reviewed by Dawn (APQS) and Marie and Chris (Grace Company) that I plan to give new Quilt Path owners I train in my home.  Feel free to do the same. 

ADDED NOTE:  I replaced the original file with one dated as of November 13, 2014.  The only change was to fix a "broken" link to Dawn's document about QP error message following a Windows Update.

Getting Acquainted with Quilt Path.pdf

• 2 months later...

“Getting Acquainted with Quilt Path”  REVISED

I’ve followed both the Quilt Path forum on the APQS site and the Quilt Path User Group on Facebook.  I have also read all the help files, tutorials, and tidbits about Quilt Path that I could find, and found that not everything is in these files.  Some of it we just have to learn on our own.

I’ve learned a lot and am still learning.  But sometimes it gets confusing, because we all seem to do things a little differently, no surprise to there.

I wanted to know the correct way to do things and keep my system operating the way it was intended to work.  I also wanted to know the correct way to instruct new owners when I train them in my home.

So I wrote up some things on what I thought it took to “Get Acquainted with Quilt Path,” then I asked APQS (Dawn) and Grace Company (Marie and Chris) to review it.  They corrected some of my mistaken assumptions and they provided additional input to help this become an accurate document.  I really appreciate their reviews and input.  It makes me feel much more comfortable putting this out there for everyone.

Attached is a document, reviewed by Dawn (APQS) and Marie and Chris (Grace Company) that I plan to give new Quilt Path owners I train in my home.  Feel free to do the same. 

ADDED NOTE:  I replaced the original file with one dated as of November 13, 2014.  The only change was to fix a "broken" link to Dawn's document about QP error message following a Windows Update.

Georgene you are truly wonderful, I am reading everything I can before attempting to quilt with QP.  Thank you for all your downloads.  

Maria

• 4 months later...

Georgene, it might be time for a revision: in your guide to stitching pantos, you instruct the user (in Step 6) to "engage both belt clamps until they are pointed straight up."  New users need to know that "straight up" isn't far enough, that the handles actually need to be clicked beyond that point, in order to lock the clamps.

Georgene, I had a customer do her own QP install, and she didn't realize that the clamps needed that last little bit of "clicking over." She wound up with several sessions with Grace Co. and with Dawn before they figured out the issue.

• 4 months later...

Archived