AQS Des Moines

I'll be there tomorrow with 4 other gals from my quilt group.   Always a fun day.   Just hope the rain stays away or at least hit and miss so we don't get drenched getting into the building.  It's a pretty good walk from the parking area to Hy-Vee Hall.   I might have to let off my friends and go back and park.   I'll have my jacket and umbrella - just in case.

I have classes with Angela Walters on Thursday and Saturday. Then I am going to play with clay on Friday. I will be there until we take the quilts down Saturday night! I will be wearing a quilted jacket everyday. Sometimes I sparkle and sometimes the quilting stands alone! I am white gloving both shows so I see all the wonderful quilts!

I helped hang AQS quilts on Monday. I opened a box and out came Claudia Pfiel's Indian Dream Catcher Theme quilt from MQS in 2013. It is beautiful and I got to touch it with white gloves on! Quilter fun!

I went yesterday - hence not reading the Forum for a while.  I went with a bus load from our local shop.   It was GREAT!!!   The vendor quality was very nice and the machine quilting on many of the quilts was spectacular.  One of the ladies on our bus remarked how she thought the show was much better than last year and how much the quilting had improved.  I don't know if I was just ready for a road trip or what, but I am SOOO inspired again.  Now if I just didn't have to go to work...........

Archived