Need Advice on Setup of Cords

I saw some months ago, a machine that was for sale, and in their setup, her husband had rigged up a line that her machine cord draped over above her so that it would move around smoothly. I'm looking for pics of that same type of setup to show my husband. We just hung up 2 shop lights from the ceiling over my setup and I want to connect them all on the same extension cord with my machine. I would appreciate any pictures y'all might of your similar setups. (I am familiar with Dave Jones' setup - but that won't work for me). Thank you all for your input.

Jenn Wilson

I just have a power strip attached to the underside of my table and my machine plugs into that.  I've never had any problem with the cord getting caught anywhere because it is always underneath the table and only has to extend to half of the table length at a max.  That probably won't work with your overhead lights though. 

I have my lights plugged in to a power strip attached to the underside of my machine, but I still had to get an extension cord from one side of the room to the other so I did something similar to Kathy. I screwed a couple of eye hooks into the ceiling and used electrical ties through the hooks to hold up the cord. It goes up and over the room instead of lying on the floor in the way. Hope you figure out something that works for you.

One thought......You will want to be able to turn off your lights and quilt with a side light for certain fabric/thread combos.  I had my ceiling lights and machine all plugged into the same switch, so lights off--machine off....  That worked fine until I needed to turn off lights to see my quilting....   :)   Mine looks just about like Kathy's.   I have an older green Millennium and the design prevents me from using the power strip attached under the table because the power cord comes out of the top of the machine and always catches on the back when I tried.

post-62883-0-47691600-1414178018_thumb.jpg

Archived