Top thread breaking

sgunby

I am having trouble with top thread breaking. I have changed pigtails, checked thread plate, rethreaded ,changed needles and now have changed the hook assembly. Still breaking. I am using a different thread than before to see if the thread is the problem and same thing. Thread breaks every 3-6 inches. I emailed APQS service 2 weeks ago and have received no response. Looking for help before I decide to chuck this whole damn machine. I am a weekend only quilter and hate this machine at this point because I can't successfully quilt anything

All have been checked and double checked. Thread still breaking. Changed thread again thinking maybe thread bad, but it happens not matter what the thread is. Hubby looked at video and paperwork for timing and says everything looks the way it should according to photos but still breaking thread it seems at the needle area. Brand new needle Just can't figure it out. I am in woodland ca which is just outside of Sacramento

Hi Shelly,

If you are certain the machine is threaded correctly........try this.

When you pull a length of thread (coming straight out of the needle eye), do you feel any resistance? If you do, loosen the tension until it pulls easily. Now, check the bobbin tension, pulling it up through the quilt sandwich, and you should feel almost the same amount of resistance as you now have on the top thread. Adjust it if you don't. Try sewing with it set this way, don't worry about how the stitches look, you just want to sew a long bit without thread breaking.

Gradually tighten the top thread tension to get a good stitch, 

Fingers crossed this helps you!

Debbie

Archived