King Sized Quilts

I reserve the right to change my mind! LOL But right now, I love them! If they are decently square, if they have good batting, and if I don't get cheated on backing fabric!!! It seems the last month or two I've been getting too many backers that are short inches and not square. I have started taking these gals into my longarm room to show them what happens with a short backing fabric -- seeing as how I nearly always have one on my frame these days!! :lol:

The largest I've had on my 10 ft. table was 106 by 126.  Won't do it again.  the finished roll was pretty tight in the throat,

I've only turned down one job, and she wanted me to "buy a fabric she would like, make the backing and not pay for shopping

time, or making the back time..  Not for me.  I don't give my time away.  Don't know if she found anyone but I suggested that

she buy the material and make it into a 3 strip back before taking it to a quilter..

The biggest before that was 98 by 126, for a show, which she didn't tell me before I quilted it..It too maxed out the throat

area. 

I know what you are talking about I maxed Millie out with the last quilt actually I have two more rows on a 125" x 125" quilt on y 12' frame could not be a inch bigger.

How do you load a 125" top on a 12' frame? My leaders on my 12' Millie are only 120" so the widest backer I accept is 118". Please share your secret of how you accomplished this. :)

Edited to add--Terry posted a new thread showing the quilt finished. It's beautiful! And she explained how she was able to load such a big quilt on her 12' frame. She replaced the leaders meant for a 12' frame with ones for a 13' frame (which I assume are 132" instead of 120".) Obviously it worked great!

How do you load a 125" top on a 12' frame? My leaders on my 12' Millie are only 120" so the widest backer I accept is 118". Please share your secret of how you accomplished this. :)

Hi Linda 

I changed my leader a month ago and put on ones that are 130" wide  there is not much room to work on the sides but I was able to get it done I just posted pictures under My monster eureka quilt.

When I had my 10 foot frame and the backer was too wide for my leaders.....I centered it as usual and pinned it on.....then I rolled the backer up to the bar and gasp!  taped the two loose ends of the backer to the rollers....it worked just fine but I usually had plenty of backer length for my own quilts and once the backer was rolled around the roller once, it seemed to hold just fine.....I also had to offset the centers toward one side so I had room to park my little short arm machine....lin

Archived