OT-Looking for a trip around the world pattern for queen bed

I  want to make a trip around the world queen size quilt, using strips. All the directions I have found only make a baby, lap or small twin if you add borders. 

Per Eleanor Burns video, the strips are cut 4 inches wide, sewn together, sewn again into a tube, and cut again at 2.5" across the seams, then you unsew and resew them together to make the block, Only it is too short in the width across the quilt even when two blocks are sewn together as she shows in the video. 

I have stopped at one block, as I don't want to end up wasting my fabric, does anyone know how to make the quilt wider? This doesn't look like adding another block to the quilt will make the pattern look as it should...willing to buy a pattern if anyone knows where to get one.

Thanks

Debbie

Debbie, there's a PDF file at http://www.delawarequilts.com/Projects/Yearly/TripAroundTheWorld.pdf that you may find helpful. Her's is based on 2" inch strips, so if you do a little math and eliminate a row, two, or three, you could easily make the size you need. I hope this helps, and have fun with the Trip Around the World! I love the way those quilts look on the bed!!!

EDITED TO SAY: While I was typing, I got distracted and you got other great responses! I have a smaller block version Bonnie Hunter's (posted elsewhere on her blog) in the works and one day I may actually finish it. LOL

The first quilt I made was a Trip Around the World by Eleanor Burns.  I have the book (rather old now).  There are directions for all sizes in her book - Baby, Lap, Twin, Double, Queen, California King and Dual King.     Her directions are written so they are easily to  understand and with good graphics.

Marilyn

Thanks everyone!

I started the quilt with 4 inch wide strips and looking at the Quick Trips book by Eleanor Burns, this is the pattern she used in her video. The squares are offset, so no matching of seams is necessary.In all of the other trip patterns, the blocks are the same size, so matching of the seams is needed. Guess I will buy her book, Quick Trips....if my fabric wasn't already cut, then Bonnie Hunters' pattern or the Delaware pattern would work just fine. Matching seams is something that I  can usually accomplish - I certainly appreciate your advice.

Debbie 

Archived