My Lenni is Possessed !!! HELP !!!!

2quilter

My Lenni is possessed!!  I called the dealer and APQS but both were already closed....  :(  Here's what's going on. Last night I had been doing freeform feathers with SR on, when SR seemed to not want to sense L/R movement, and then it started to stitch on its own.  I got online for answers and as a result cleaned SR and wheels & rails w/alcohol & cotton swabs to remove oxidation and after that all seemed to be working ok..... but it has done it again today and I'm at a loss what to do next.  Not a power surge problem, and when it was sewing on its own we tested it by unplugging both of the SR encoder wires to see if there was any change...and it did not, so I don't  think it is an encoder issue. Both last night and tonight I only had the problem after several hours of quilting.   The training/maintenance video is silent on this and I can't find anything on the forum or via google search the "regular" internet.  Anyone out there had this problem? I can contact them Monday, but had hoped to get the last six rows of my freeform feathers done ... but at this point I'm a little scared of it...???

UPDATE - I also adjusted  #8 as per below, no help. at the moment the 'y' axis is giving me the problems, but yesterday it was 'x' (rail/rollers cleaning seemed to help this problem). 

-------

If your SR is working consistently following your cleaning, this may be two different problems: dirty encoder wheels/rails/machine wheels (the inconsistent stitches) AND a Needle Up/Down issue (stitching on its own).  You can try adjusting the #8 screw - see instructions below - and see if that helps your "possession" issue.  If that doesn't help, post your problem in the APQS Help forum, where it may be seen by Dawn or other service techs, even on the weekend.  Also, send an email, marked "High Priority," to service@apqs.com, so that they know all about your issues.

Archived