black/white/red quilt .....need suggestions

I copied this quilt from a friend who made this.  Thought it would be a great way to use up my blacks and white.  Little did I know, I didn't have enough black and white and had to go out and buy more.  Anyways.  it measures 95.5 x 102 and I was going to copy how she had hers quilted which is feathers in each row.  The white measures 2" and the black rows measure 3".  The more I think about it (and that is why I have procrastinated on this quilt way too long) this quilt seems a bit more modern to me and maybe feathers just aren't the way to go. I figured if I loaded the quilt, there is no turning back.  So,  I am looking for suggestions on how you would quilt this one?  I could go a contemporary panto (I have a triangular one) or I am not opposed to custom.  So what say you?  I would love to have this done before the new year hits.  Thanks in advance. 

post-15392-0-77313800-1419209378_thumb.jpg

post-15392-0-36513800-1419209379_thumb.jpg

post-15392-0-79654300-1419209379_thumb.jpg

I have prisms from Urban Elementz, but I have the quilt loaded lengthwise on the bars and I am not sure I would like my panto in that direction.   I like the Hall of Mirrors, but again, it's probably not the direction I would like to stitch it on the quilt.  Darn,  I wasn't thinking this when I loaded it.  I was thinking more about the seams instead. 

I don't see a problem with the direction, because the panto is going to be an all-over look, not sticking strictly to the rows. I like them all. Or, you could freehand something similar. You could also just section the top off with curvy lines, breaking it into large areas, and do large fills in each area. I always have a hard time relating to the quilt when it is loaded sideways. I need to have it loaded with the top at the top...in order to envision how it will look.

Well, I put my question out to a couple of my message boards and the consensus seems to be leaning more towards a panto with some movement.  Thank you all for your ideas.  They have been very helpful.  I was taught to load my quilt (if you can) with the seams running along the rails to reduce bulk.  I think if I had asked this question before loading, I would have loaded it the other way and used the Hall of Mirrors panto since in my eye, I see it running top to bottom  with this quilt rather than the other way.  I will come up with something.  The quilt is loaded, so right after Christmas (too busy now) I will be ready to just run with it.  Thanks so much.  Hopefully I will be posting pix soon to show you what I have decided. 

Ok. Here's my two cents.

I'd "plop and drop" shapes on it. Ok, circles...you can fill them in with fillers... circle within a circle, then just fill in every other row, leaving space for softness.   Triangles....paisleys...etc.  Myrna's pinched Squares, the large one, or heck use two different sizes of matching rulers.

Archived