looking for design ideas "Updated"

Bonnie in Ok

Hi Bonnie. This design was featured on Fons and Porter here this week. Jodie Davis was the guest. If you can't find the show on line, it was quilted with SID for the print piecing. Then "ghost bombs" were stitched in the plain blue background to mimic the pieced blocks. Lots of line work and marking, but very effective, since all the lines intersected and could be stitched continuously. I'll see if I can find a link to the show.

Here's a link---it's called Endless Chain and it's towards the bottom of the list.

http://www.fonsandporter.com/videos_loq_series_2400.html

Click on the picture and it will take you to the pattern. Then when you click on the picture there, it will enlarge so you can see the stitching.

Thanks Linda for the site I will do that design. I am so glad you are out there to share your knowledge. I don't know how you seem to see all that you do on different sites to advise others. If I didn't have to search the web for hours I might be a little more productive in finding ideas. Thank goodness there is this forum. Once I get some time I have quite a few QOV that I have done to share. I have had the butterfly pins a long time thought it was fun to have instead of the flower ones. 

I noticed it does not have a border so will have to come up with a design do you have any ideas it is four inches.

LOL, of course I'm different.  I would use a gold thread, but not metalic.  I would sid the pedals on the various prints, then either do a double or tripple star, close inside one another and then do pebbles, or small loops and stars outside the stars.  I can also see, if it is like the sample Linda led us to, with an extra large star in the middle, lots of rays as if the sun is behind the star.

Gosh, there are so many things.. River Rock would look terrific!   Bolts of loightening,  seaweed ...  anything that will fill the spaces nicely. but not detract.

background designs would be a blue, only the pieced fabrics and stars would be gold thread, unless you want the stitched designs to be prominent. 

I'm proud to know you and so many others who also make QoV.

Archived