Long Arm take in form????

hi everyone!  I have been watching/reading this forum for about a year now.  I have a favor to ask.  Seems that word has gotten out that I am doing some long arming for hire (thus far its been limited to one wonderful non judgemental  friend).  I am wondering if anyone would be will to share the take in form that they have developed when receiving a quilt to long arm.  I have looked at that program that is 195.00 but at this time I can not justify spending that since I don't even know if I am going to enjoy quilting for hire!  Right now I get so nervous having someone else quilt on my machine that I don't sleep so time will tell.

I also do not want to not ask the correct questions or sell myself short on this trial time.

Thanks for your help in advance

Janet

Janet, welcome to the world of longarming for hire!!  Yes, it can be scary - and frustrating - but overall, I have enjoyed the ride!  I will try to attach a pdf of my Work Order form and my Quilt Prep Guidelines - use whatever is on them, since they are cribbed from many, many forms and sites all over the internet.

Quilt Work Order 12-13.pdf

Janet,  glad you got an UltII, owners just love them to pieces..

I do have a few questions;  are you remembering to practice on -paper?

and keeping loose fingertip control of the machine, via the handles?

and rememberign to relax,

and most important,  rememember to keep your breathing working, :D

and keep it steady.  I find when I'm messing up, I have a death grip

on the handles, most of the time.

Good Luck, you will do great for quilting for others. or just the friend and

yourself.  (practice is so important though)

Archived