Kansas Quilt Festival??

MQS was held at the Overland Park convention center for several years and I attended a couple of times.  It is in the city, however not downtown.  Located one block off of one of the loops around the city, I believe I-470 but not sure.  It is safe enough that I would not hesitate to attend alone if I had a desire to go.  The Sheraton is connected to the convention center and you do not have to walk outside to get between the buildings.  There is a parking garage attached to the hotel.  A lot of restaurants close by the hotel, not sure if withing walking distance.  Sue Heinz is a fabulous teacher, you will enjoy her and learn a lot.

I am and am looking forward to it.  I'm taking a class with Jamie Wallen and one with Dusty Farrell.  The area around the Overland Park Convention Center is as safe as any other.  It's a nice area and there are lots of places to eat and there are some nice quilt shops in the area as well. 

Sending you a PM.

Joan

You are very unlikely to be traveling into or through any unsafe areas in Kansas City or Overland Park.  The convention center is wonderful.  You will meet people to go to lunch and dinner with.  There are many restaurants within an easy drive of the convention center.  Enjoy your classes and the show.

Forgot to add...our guild is participating in this show and I will be there for at least a bit of it during a yet to be determined volunteer shift.  I am quite a drive away but I am looking forward to the show.  It is such a wonderful venue.

Archived