Drawing designs on a photo

I tried to search the forums if this question has been asked and couldn't find one - but if there is please link it for me :-)

I am looking for an app or program that you can upload a photo of your quilt top, and then draw your quilting design on the photo,  trying out different designs.

I use my iPad to do that now - using the concepts software, but I use my laptop much much more, and was wondering if there is something for my laptop that I can use for this purpose?   or is the iPad better because you can use the stylus more effectively?   

Any suggestions you can recommend?  I just want something simple -  upload my photo.  use a pencil tool to draw on my photo.    

Andrea

edited to add-  I did find a few posts on drawing apps. I don't know why they didn't show up before when I searched. They were mostly for the iPad and tablet apps - but nothing for the computer.  

I use Youdoodle it is a free app...they may ask you to upgrade but I have never done that I can take a picture of my top then doodle on the picture. If I want to save it I push the top button and the circle button on the front and it takes a picture of what is on the screen ...Iam not very computer literate but that is working for me. Hope this helps

I actually bought a Bamboo Tablet from someone here on the forums.  It came with Corel Painter Essentials 4 and that does the trick for me.  It's a lot like paint with more features and the ability to add or remove layers.  I love it!  I do my work on the actual computer though so I don't know if that will work for your tablet.  

I also use tracing paper (hint - parchment paper is cheaper and also see through...) with a photo of the quilt or block.

Archived