2010 Lenni spotted for sale on ebay with FREE SHIPPING

The fact that it is a Lenni by APQS would tell me that it is a good machine.  Checking the site, I'm disappointed that there is so very little information about it that I see.  It would be good to know the age and how much it was used.  I think you would do well to see what you can find out about it.  Good luck.

naher-in-law5, looks like it was also posted on longarm university with "2009 APQS Lenni with 10 foot steel table. This machine is stitch regulated and includes extended base plate, horizontal thread holder, two sets zippered leaders, Quiltazoid with spiro attachment and four design plates all included. It has been well maintained in a smoke free home. I am purchasing a larger machine."

Are there any particular questions I should be asking to get any more info?

I've heard that on ebay, pictures have been stolen and fake ebay listings of long arms put up. I would be really careful. The feedback is only 22. That to me is scary for such a large purchase. If it's on longarm university I would buy there instead. I think Linda is right Lenni is 20 inch throat. Best of luck!!

Vicki:  This looks like a fine machine, and the Quiltazoid is an added bonus.  If you could buy it at near the opening bid price, it would be a great buy.  Free shipping sweetens the deal even more.  The only thing that cools me at all is the ten foot table.  I'd prefer the twelve, but you might not have the room for the bigger table, and living with a ten footer wouldn't be too difficult.  The Quiltazoid sold for about $750 new, and the shipping is worth another $500 - $600.  The posting sounded like the seller was the owner/user, that would explain the low number of e-Bay transactions.  I think you can trust the listing, I'd bid on it if I wanted one.

As far as the Lenni goes, you won't go wrong with one.  They are great little machines.  I have an Ultimate 2, Lenni's forerunner, and it's a great machine.  APQS's support can't be beaten.  If you buy it, you may never want a different machine.  Jim

I read an article about some fake Ebay and Craigslist postings about longarm machines, industrial sewing machines, embroidery machines, etc.  I would contact the seller for more pictures and a video of the machine running.  If they really have the machine this should be no problem.  If they can't provide more details I would pass.

For the record, I did buy my first APQS longarm machine from Ebay many years ago, but I was in phone contact with the seller for days before I finalized the purchase.

Thanks so much for all of the help guys!! I'm really considering this. I did a little research and the owner looks pretty legit. I compared it to the listing on longarm university - and based on blogs/website, its at least the same person and her blog shows this particular machine. 

Vicki:  A suggestion about e-Bay bidding if you you decide to try and buy the machine.  Decide how much you are willing to pay for the machine before you start bidding.  Bid that amount and walk away.  That way if you're the high bidder, you win.  If you're not, you didn't pay more than you wanted to.  Don't chase the bidding.  I like to bid late in the auction so few people can bid after me.   Also, sometimes by that point the bid is higher than I'm willing to pay and I don't bid at all.  Don't worry about bidding more than you had to.  The winning price will be one bid "increment" (probably $200 in this case) above the next higher bid, even if that amount is well below your actual bid.

I've bought several high value sewing machines off e-Bay including and industrial embroidery machine.  I've never felt like I was "duped" by the seller.  In fact most have been very helpful with a real desire to make me happy.  If you win, I'd discuss the shipping plans and packing of the machine with the seller to make sure we were on the same page.  My only e-Bay disappointments have been with how some things have been packed.  Good luck.  Jim

Vicki:  One more thing.  You already know what you're trying to buy.  Unless you have specific questions about the dimensions of the table or something you can't verify through the photos, don't bother with a lot of questions.  When it's delivered, be ready for something not to work right out of the box.  Whatever might be amiss can be fixed pretty easily.  When the sale is complete, I might ask the seller to include a series of photos of the table break down to aid in the reassembly.

I just had a friend who bought a Babylock serger off e-Bay.  It's a really nice machine, shows virtually no wear.  She was thrilled.  When it was delivered, she couldn't move the hand wheel.  She was crushed!  Thought she'd made a real mistake.  I assured her that the machine could be serviced and put back in good order.  She contacted the seller who even volunteered to pay to have it serviced if it wouldn't work.  She bought it by today for me to look at.  I fiddled with the machine, got it unlocked, and we tested it.  It sews wonderfully.  All that fretting over nothing.  Don't worry about what you're buying.  If it's what you want, and you can afford it, everything else can be worked out.  Regards.  Jim

Vicki0027 - - 

I believe the machine you're looking at belongs to a member of the Heart of Iowa Long Arm Guild who is wanting to upgrade but needs to sell this machine first.  The same pictures are on the guild's Facebook page.   It's a closed group on Facebook, but I'm sure we can get you connected.  Here's the Facebook script - - 

". . . . .Great starter machine!! 2009 APQS Lenni with 10' steel table. Includes extended base plate, horizontal thread holder, two sets zippered leaders, Quiltazoid with spiro attachment and four design plates. Non-smoking home. Will deliver free within 200 mile radius of Des Moines. Asking $8000. . . . . ."

Vicki...this is my machine and is sold pending payment. The Ebay listing has been removed. A buyer found me via Long Arm University. There was indeed a typo in the Ebay ad, the Lenni is a 20" throat. If you would like me to contact you if this sale falls thru, I would be glad to do that.  This machine is in perfect working condition and is only being sold so that I can upgrade. I love my Lenni, but a Lucey with a 12' table and the Bliss carriage system fell into my lap at an unresistable price!!

Archived