NQR Spring in my Yard

Spring is supposed to be right around the corner, but today it is 25 degrees.........threat of freezing rain overnight............. :(    Our winter hasn't been as bad as those in the East, but we are tired of the cold.........Just makes us appreciate warm spring days when they come.   Soon, we will be complaining of the heat !    :D

LOL you'd have to go through 2 ft of snow to even see the beginning of a bulb here.  I'm pretty sure we'll have daffodils by the end of May though!  Just came back from a 4 day trip to NC and it is the first time I've ever been there in Feb. that it was actually cold!  We got stuck in Atlanta airport for the ice storm.  No hotel rooms so we slept in the airport.  I'm still recovering!  Oh and we didn't even see any ice there.  I was really surprised how few blooms were in NC.  We did see one of the trees budding the day we left.  With more snow coming today I'm ready to start driving south!  So tired of winter.

It's beautiful -  it gives me hope.. we've had an up and down winter.  For instance, today is -18c without windchill. Tomorrow is supposed to be +8.   :blink:

I just want to be able to sit on my back deck  and gaze outside, smell the pollen, sneeze, absorb some harmful uv rays,  and enjoy the outdoors again.   :D

Thanks for giving us hope!   ;)

The wildflowers and poppies have been blooming for a couple of weeks now.  They line the side of the highway for miles.  So pretty.  The orchards have all bloomed and it looks like snow on the ground below them from the blossoms dropping.  To all of you with cold and snow I say spring is coming so hang in there.

Archived