stitch regulator

If you're stitching and want to leave the SR on while you stop with the needle down to advance the top or reposition a template-- with the SR on, depress the clutch and the push right blue button (the "go" button) at the same time to have the SR stay engaged. As noted, the needle should be down when you do this and it takes a bit of practice to co-ordinate it. The chirp will sound. When you're ready to stitch again, depress the clutch and "go" again and you're set to stitch some more. It eliminates the use of the left buttons and the SR is on the whole time.

• 1 month later...

I knew the trick about holding down the clutch when you stop stitching to keep the SR on, but is there any way that the needle will remain in the down position when you do this?  It was so much easier with my Lenni  - at least when I stopped, the needle would be in the down position and the SR would remain on.  If the stitching stops and the needle is not down, it's pretty tricky trying to move the ruler while keeping the machine perfectly still. 

Archived