where to buying smaller needles

Deb34285

Hi all,

I have been trying to purchase 80/12 needles for my George and possibly some 75's ( I see Nancy from Arizona wrote about using those sizes a while back, but I can't seem to fine them on that site she linked to?) Can any of you all share your suppliers - superior doesn't seem to stock either ( yes I know that the George is timed for a bigger needle :) )

Thanks again for sharing!

Debbie

Deb:  I'm not sure that the MR san 11 needles are made in that small a size.  The smallest I've seen are the size 14 (90-3.0).  These are special purpose needles, and probably made only in sizes the manufacturers feel will be used a lot.  Let us know if you find a source for ones smaller than 3.0.  Good luck.  Jim

Thanks Brenda,

but I have scoured the website in the past for Nancy's post and can't find 12/80 when I search ...(. maybe I will give them a call (have to wait I'm on eastern time) I have found a few suppliers, but the prices are a little high- $5.00pkg of 10. Have looked into the ebay source but they have not emailed me back ( so I will cross them off). I will continue to hunt around and report back in,

Debbie

Are you referring to the Ed Raichert website?  If yes, here's the link for the correct page for Schmetz needles:

http://www.raichert.com/schmetz_quilting_needles_for_lon.htm

You would scroll down to where it says .Fits Gammill Most Common Needle'.  It's $29.95 for 100.  They have sizes 11/75, 12/80, 14/90 and 16/100.

Brenda

Hi Guys:

I may not have my George anymore but I am still enjoying the forum on occasion.  Yes, I purchased the Schmetz needles that work on George from the Raichert website.  I would agree that it is not very easy to navigate but you could also phone them.  They're in Phoenix AZ.  Last time I checked, they carried the correct needles in sizes 75/11, 80/12 and 90/14.  All of those are smaller than the machine is timed for, but I never had an issue using them.  Hope this helps.  Nancy in Arizona

Hi all,

just touching base with what I have found so far...The  Raichert website does have 80/12 and 75/11 needles in the correct size that will fit the George as Nancy said , but their price is $29.95 / 100 with $11.89 shipping - still better then other prices but not great for 100. Sharps on eBay doesn't have the 80/12 or 75/11 in our industrial size. Another eBay seller cutextilemc is selling them (groz-beckert) for 21.25 with shipping for 100. Another company Universal sewing supply sells them for $18.30 but you must have a $30 minimum to order.

I hope this gives some options.

Debbie

Archived