What to put in white areas?

Can anybody think of what to do with this pretty quilt?  I thought about just doing CC in the squares and triangles, but not sure what to do in the white areas?  I want to go edge to edge without a bunch of starting and stopping since this is a charity quilt. Nothing too custom.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/7b/4c/6c/7b4c6c1e11b8971ecd8d498b5fb0f63b.jpg

post-1022-0-64718300-1425670193_thumb.jpg

Hi Teresa. Going corner-to corner (and thus continuously on the diagonal) you can stitch--

Two curls that fit the area, one this way and one that way, exiting at the opposite corner to start the next one. Stitch the next run in the opposite direction for some interest.

Or mentally divide the shape into two squares and two triangles to match the piecing. Stitch the same CCs in the imaginary space. You can stitch continuously across three diagonal blocks or so by stitching one half out and one half back.

Another-- use a template to stitch an arc from end to end of the blocks and another on the other side for a big pumpkinseed. Continuous with one side stitched out and the other stitched back.

I like the pattern!

Linda, thanks. You actually suggested something I sketched out a couple of hours ago. I divided it into a center rectangle with a triangle on each end. I drew in the swirl CC in the squares and rays in the triangles.  Thank might be what I do.  I have to stare at it another day or so.  I also have to figure out which thread to use.  I'm leaning toward medium grey, even though I have a brand new cone of copper penny Glide I'm dying to try out.  The backer is navy blue and I don't want pokies. It will get warm and natural batting. 

Archived