Used George

Nora

Thank you to all of you for your responses.

@Nancy and Madelyn, after checking, I do believe there is a difference between canadian and american standards.

@Norma, I will get in touch with them

@Betsy,  I'll have to check if canadians can enter this daily contest

Nora

Nora:

Having shipped an old style George table from Detroit to Florida, do not let this sort of distance keep you from buying a machine at a great price.  If your seller will take the time to wrap it up securely, you can have it shipped as freight across the county rather inexpensively.  It will have to be placed on a 6 foot long pallet to do this.  Make sure you take off the casters, and then completely wrap it in cardboard.  Also mark the heavy end with the drawers.  This way when they lift in with a pallet truck, they put the heavy end on the correct side.  If they drop it off at the freight house, you are only looking at a few hundred dollars.

If you have to have someone pick up the table, wrap it up, put it on the pallet for you, and then ship it to you it will cost you more.  In my case right at $650.  That included $1500 worth of damage insurance.  That would cover a Tracy Table for George if the table was destroyed.  This got if from the sellers house, and delivered to my garage.  It arrived without any damage.

I would also suggest you contact APQS and find out the exact US-v-Canada differences.  If we both have the same voltage and frequency, it may be a governmental requirement for APQS to sell their products in Canada that causes the difference.  If this is the case, again I would not let this keep you from getting a great deal on a used George if you can find one.

Good Luck shopping.

Cagey

Archived