Finished- updated (4/27) with pictures

I am using my new Bird ruler from Quilter's Rule on this pinwheel quilt. I love how it looks so far, but I can't decide whether or not to SID around the squares.  It is so curvy and flowy; I almost would hate to put square edges in there.  Any thoughts??

Update  I did it without the SID between the blocks.  Batting is Warm and Natural.  Top thread is Omni- bone color.  Bobbin is SoFine in bone color.  Quilt is 60 x 72.  Repeat customer

post-1022-0-26335600-1430174752_thumb.jpg

post-1022-0-84558000-1430174768_thumb.jpg

post-1022-0-99153400-1430174832_thumb.jpg

I love how it looks so far

If you love the way it looks, why do you need to SID?  

From what I see, you have more than enough quilting to keep the layers together for years to come.  Call it finished, and move on to your next project.

Cagey

It would hold the corners more securely.  If you like the fluid motion of the primary design, you might SID with invisible thread so that its there, but you do not see it.  You cover your concern, but you truly only see it on the back.

I believe it's gorgeous either way.  You just have to decide how much of your heart your going to put into it.

Cagey

going off Lynn's comment, where would you SID?  Every vertical and horizontal line or every other one?  The look it has now allows the eye to see different patterns than only the square pinwheel look.  I like what you have done and would not add more to it.  I think the SID would take away from the design of the curves.

Just a piece of humor, while I was typing SID, somehow that D ended up as an N!  Make me wonder if SID isn't the wrong thing to do---at least on this one!

Have a good day, your work is wonderful.

Archived