Extended Base for Lenni

I love my 2013 Lenni! It is now time for me to start doing some ruler work and I need an extended base. I saw similar topics on the forums from 2008, that seemed to imply that there can be significant loss of quilting space for the Lenni when an extended base is used. So, I want to bring up the topic again.

If the quilting base is reduced, then what are the work-arounds? The 12' table for Lenni does not seem to have a way to raise the top roller any - there is no adjustment capability with the side-arm mounting bolts. And, the braking system is a dual brake that works for both the top roller and backing roller at the same time - so can the top roller be removed and the brake still work well for the backing roller?

How can I make sure the extended table is not hampered by the top roller?

Thanks!

Sharon

I know exactly what you are talking about.  My extended base table does hit my top front roller when I move the machine way to the front.  It is not a lot of lost space, but definitely a couple of inches.  I have never had a problem with it going under my take up roller.  

If my new machine ever arrives, which I am getting upset about,  I will be trading in my Lenni head.  I will have an extended base table that I can sell you.  My machine is a 2008.  Check to make sure this will fit on yours. If it does, and you want it, let me know. 

Archived