Class with Sharon Schamber

Our guild had Sharon Schamber for 4 days and what an amazing talent she is!  She shared and shared her knowledge and oh how I love the precision of her work.  We had a trunk show last night and even though I had seen many of her pieces I was just still amazed at her work.  I took 2 of her class and enjoyed them both and will definitely be incorporating more of her piecing techniques into my work.  I love her honesty about who she is and what she does and I love that she is willing to share it with the quilting world.  Feeling blessed to be able to take these classes.

Have always read great reviews about her classes.  If I ever get the opportunity, know I will take one.

And how is Maddie doing?  Haven't seen info about her lately and have been wondering.

Marilyn

Marilyn - you will never go wrong taking a class from Sharon.  She is very giving and shares a wealth of knowledge.  

Thanks for asking about Maddie.  She continues to amaze me!  I don't know if you saw that she was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes over Christmas.  She is doing fantastic.  She gets 4 shots a day and 6 or more needle sticks and she never complains.  She handles it all like a pro.  So very proud of her.  She will be 8 in about 3 weeks!  No idea where the time has gone.

Heidi, 

Glad to hear Maddie is doing well.  Have a neighbor (age 9) who has Type 1 Diabetes and know the care giver is very important.     Yes, I have been praying for her and have read your posts involving Maddie for some time now.  She is lucky to have an aunt who cares and helps out.  Keep us posted. on her welfare/

Marilyn

I have watch Sharon's you tubes.  I love the way she is so detailed and loves to share knowledge.  I hope to take a class from her one day.  Which ones did you take?

I am so glad to hear Maddie is doing so good.  She is in my thoughts and prayers. 

Judith I took two classes.  One was her design course.  Did you know she designs all the quilting first and then designs the quilt?  I don't think I'd ever be able to do that or have that vision but I did learn a lot about how to plan a quilt and make it flow properly.  It was very good but put me into design overload.  Sharon says that is normal and when you are ready it will all just come so I have to wait for it to come.  LOL  Yesterday's class was machine applique with turned edge.  I was very excited when she looked at my piece and told the other girls in the class that after today I could teach them how to do her technique!  Very excited!  She also took the time to teach us how she uses this technique for needle turn.  Her generosity of knowledge is amazing.  I know some people say she is weird, which she actually says about herself, but I say embrace that and open yourself up to others that are different and you might just learn a thing or two.  Her trunk show was simply amazing!  I could have stayed and looked at her pieces all night and oh best part of all she let us touch everything!  You can get many of her patterns and kits on her site or her daughter's site.  They come packed with the pattern, dvd and foundation already marked for all of $15 - $20!!!!!  That is amazing.  She said you might not like the pattern but it isn't about that it is about the technique then you can apply it to your own works of art.  I just can't say enough good about her. I feel very blessed to have been able to participate.

Thanks for the prayers for Madison.  Her parents continue to be the biggest problem.  They are both at fault and both make their share of mistakes.  Even with her diabetes they both battle over meds, pick-up, everything it seems.  I'm so tired of it all.  I wish I could just steal her and raise her.  BIL still has full custody and her mother gets visitations every other weekend but they are waiting for the judge to make the final determination because her parents couldn't agree on anything.  It is really ridiculous.  We should know in the next 2 weeks what the final decision is.  I'd like to think that will make it all better but I'm afraid that won't be the case.   

Heidi I must ask.  Are you the eldest or youngest in your family?

In my class with Sharon she asked this before the class and then proceeded to ignore "the middle child"  :(  maybe she was having bad "aura" that day

LOL I'm a middle child!  I did get called out though, sort of.  So we're having our first group lesson on how to proceed.  We were all standing around and watching and listening.  Lots of info on how to cut out the stabilizer she uses and what it is made of, how to handle it, etc.  This lesson went on for a bit and of course there were little off topic sections but that is fine.  Somebody started playing the 20 question game which in general makes me crazy when I'm ready to move on.  I was ready to get to work and wanted things to move along so I could go start my project.  Well all of a sudden Sharon announces that she will begin to move on because she was "feeling a strong urge to move on right behind her and pointed to me and 2 others right next to me."  My guild mates knew exactly who she was "feeling" and called me out!  LOL  Yup I was guilty.  Made me laugh.  Like I told Sharon it was excellent information but I was ready to move on.  It was pretty funny.

Archived