Lenni vs. Lucey

Does anyone have experience with both the APQS Lucey and APQS Lenni? I'm agonizing over my decision. FYI, the size diff makes no diff to me. I'm a short person, and I don't really want the extra arm length of the Lucey. I don't feel like I can have enough control and precision with my arms stretched out that far. I really like those adjustable handles and rocker switches, though. But with the great deal APQS is offering on the Lenni right now, maybe I can get over the handles. Or I could have the good handles installed for an extra $450. Any other differences worth noting? FYI, I'm only interested in free-motion-quilting, no computers. No pantos. FYI, I've also been considering the HQ Avante. Space is not a huge issue, but expense is. Thoughts?

I had a 2010 Lenni that I loved except for the shorter harp space. i wanted to do ruler work and the extra space on the Lucey is much better for that. I sold my Lenni and got a Lucey. I had switched the handles on the Lenni to the U shaped handles and enjoyed them on my Lenni.

I am tall 5' 8" so I have the reach to use the Lucey. Both are great machines. I guess you will have to factor in whether you can use the extra reach of the Lucey or not. I also switched from a 10 foot table to a 12 foot blissed table on my Lucey.

Good luck!

I have a Lucey....I never used Lenni...but did have even a shorter armed set-up for a while....I love the space on Lucey although I admit to getting lost in that space at times  (I can live with that problem :) )  I am 5' 4" and I agree that for doing smaller work...I don't have the reach to the back for the Lucey nor do my senior eyes work all that well.....but....I did a queen quilt with blocks set on point....and the Lucey allowed me to get the whole on point block done without having to roll...I think I would have had to stop and roll on the Lenni....when doing smaller work...you don't have to use the whole area available...you can stop and roll...but having the larger space is nice...I was practicing my stitch in the ditch with my extension base and roller and thinking that if I had had my smaller set-up, I would have had to tie on and off a whole lot more.....so my thought would be go with the Lucey....but it really depends on what you quilt ...my smaller frame was easier to load....I tend to drop the backing when loading Lucey...but I have installed a sling underneath the frame on Lucey to hold my batting and it catches the backing before it hits the floor (my quilting studio is in an unfinished basement with a concrete floor).  I am very glad I went with the 12 foot frame and added bliss.....Lin

Archived