Bliss system for Lenni

Hi,

I'm thinking about purchasing the Lenni since it is at a great price right now.  I'm trying to decide if I need to upgrade to the Bliss track system when I make the purchase.  The sales rep didn't think it would be necessary with the Lenni since it is a lighter weight machine, but the cost of adding it later would be out of my budget and if I get it with the machine now it is a lot less.  I just can't find a lot of information on the Lenni and the Bliss system.  I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Also, while I'm at it, I am still struggling a bit over the Lenni vs. the Lucey, but right now the price difference is a big issue. What are the advantages of going with the Lucey and is it really worth the price difference.  I am not planning on using the machine for business.

Thanks,

Debbi

According to the APQS comparison chart there are three differences between the Lenni and the Lucey.  (1)  Lucey-26" throat......Lenni-20" throat  (2)  Lenni slower max speed of needle  (3)  Lenni-Multi-Directional handles $450 extra where they come standard on Lucey.

Hope this helps with your decision.

David

Thanks for the replies.  I have read the comparisons, but I'm looking more for some of the limitations of the Lenni vs. the Lucey.  I know the biggest advantage is the extra throat space since there are not a lot of other differences, but my question is it worth it to pay the extra money for the extra space?  I would like to try ruler work in the future, has anyone had experience using rulers with the Lenni?

Thanks,

Debbi

Lenni is an awesome machine adn on sale for an amazing price. You can't go wrong there. I do love Lucey because of the space. I personally feel the bliss is an option you should get it for sure on which ever machine you decide on. You can use longarm rulers with any of our longarm machines.

I bought my Lenni new in 2009 when it came with the black, steel table.  I loved my Lenni but wasn't so crazy about the table, so when the option came to buy the new style table and also get it with Bliss, I was fortunate enough to be able to do this.  It is absolutely the best!!!  About a year later, I also upgraded my handles and love these too.  I haven't used my micro drive handles since I changed my handles because I can adjust them to wherever I need them for the best control.  I am still so happy with my Lenni. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  The only thing I wish I could have done differently was to get a 12' table instead of the 10' one, but that's all the room that I have so I make it work.  But there have been many quilts over the years that have taken up the full width of my leaders!   :D    :D   This is an awesome machine, available to everyone right now for a fabulous price!  

I do mostly custom work with my Lenni so I use rulers all the time.  Absolutely no issues at all.   The main thing you need to watch for is that if you are going to do pantographs, that you don't get ones that have too wide of a pattern or you won't be able to stitch the full width of it if you are doing a large quilt because as your quilt rolls up on the take up roller, you will lose some space.  I don't buy any that are wider than 11.75", just to be on the safe side.

I would go with Marilyn's comments.  If you can get the Bliss system now, I would do it.  You might as well get the best machine activity as you can so the longer you use it the less frustration and wishing you will have.    I have seen Marilyn's work, she does some fabulous quilting on her Lenni.

Hi Debbi.

One thing I want to clarify about your post above.  On a new system, no matter the machine, the table is a "bliss ready" table.  So, if you ordered a machine without Bliss and then decided you wanted to upgrade to the Bliss, the cost is $1000.00, the same as if you add Bliss from the very beginning. You would have additional shipping charges.  The only time there is a huge jump to upgrade to Bliss, is if you have the old steel Table for Lenni, or an older style table for the Millie or Freedom, then you are looking at $4000.00 for Lenni and $3000.00 for the Millie/Freedom.

I don't know exactly what the current Lenni table is like.  APQS doesn't show them on their site.  If the roller rack is like the earlier models, it offers virtually no adjustment capabilities, and the rollers don't roll in pillow blocks like some of the bigger machines (again since APQS doesn't show the tables I don't know what the Lucey table is like either).  Make sure you look at those aspects of the two, so you understand what you'll get.  I personally like adjustable equipment.  It might not be so valuable to others.  Jim   

I bought my Lenni new in 2009 when it came with the black, steel table.  I loved my Lenni but wasn't so crazy about the table, so when the option came to buy the new style table and also get it with Bliss, I was fortunate enough to be able to do this.  It is absolutely the best!!!  About a year later, I also upgraded my handles and love these too.  I haven't used my micro drive handles since I changed my handles because I can adjust them to wherever I need them for the best control.  I am still so happy with my Lenni. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  The only thing I wish I could have done differently was to get a 12' table instead of the 10' one, but that's all the room that I have so I make it work.  But there have been many quilts over the years that have taken up the full width of my leaders!   :D    :D   This is an awesome machine, available to everyone right now for a fabulous price!  

I do mostly custom work with my Lenni so I use rulers all the time.  Absolutely no issues at all.   The main thing you need to watch for is that if you are going to do pantographs, that you don't get ones that have too wide of a pattern or you won't be able to stitch the full width of it if you are doing a large quilt because as your quilt rolls up on the take up roller, you will lose some space.  I don't buy any that are wider than 11.75", just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the great information.  You answered a lot of my questions.  I'm still struggling between the Lenni and Lucey and if I can work the finances out I've pretty well convinced myself that I'd better go with the Lucey or I will regret not having the extra space.  Right now I have a TinLizzie 18 and I can only quilt about 15 inches max before I have to advance the quilt.  I know I'd have a little more space with the Lenni, but I'm thinking I'd rather have more space....  But the Lenni price sure is making the decision hard!  I am going to go with the 12' table either way.

I have Lucey and I do like the extra space under the neck....I was doing ruler work (stitch in the ditch) on 12 inch blocks set on point and I was able to do the whole length of the sashing without rolling, I don't know if I could have done that on Lenni...I got the bliss and a 12 foot table and I am glad that I got both of those....I don't always use the whole space under the neck as I am short and for doing free hand...I like to work closer to me as I am in the tri-focal stage....think of the kind of work you like to do....I just quilt for myself....Lin

Jim

Here is a picture of the newer style Lenni/Lucey table. It is much improved over the original. I don't think you can raise the rollers like you can on the Freedom/Millennium table. Is anyone using a Circle Lord with the new table? That is the only reason we raised the rollers on our Millennium.http://www.apqs.com/standard-table

Debbi

I don't think the Lenni is going to give you anymore work space than your Tin Lizzie. The Millie only has about 18 and a half inches with the 26 inch throat. I think I read that the Lucey has a little more space because of the differences in the rollers. Dave mentioned the maximum speed is higher on the 26 inch machines and I think this is something new in the last couple of years, I am pretty sure our Millennium is also max 2400. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. If you are not in a hurry watch the APQS certified used machines, there have be several used Millies in the last year in the same price range as that Lenni on sale. Certified used come with a new table, are reconditioned at the factory and have warranty.

There is a demo Lucey listed http://www.apqs.com/quilting-machines-used/$1100 off with full warranty.

Nigel

I had an ultimate I I and then Lenni

While both were nice I still found the throat space limited, especially with the extended base table on. I just got my Mille which is the same size as lucey. I am loving this extra space. I also got the bliss table. It is phenomenal. If I was making the decision you are making, I would get lucey with a bliss table

Debbi:  If you really do get a 15" stitch field off your Tin Lizzie, and your find that confining, you'll be unhappy with the Lenni.  I don't think you'll get more than 13" with one.  I get 14.5" with my Ult 2, and my roller rack is about as compact as it can be built.  Something else to consider.  Jim  

While I loved My 2010 Lenni on the standard 10 foot table, I found the space restricting for ruler work. I outgrew my Lenni and got a Lucey with the 12 foot bliss table and do not regret the upgrade in the slightest. I do not quilt as a business but love to quilt for the community. I am truly blessed wtih the ability to use my Lucey...great fun!

I have the Lenni and oh so wish for the extra throat space.  Especially when doing custom work on blocks.  I do not have the bliss table but when I've tried them at shows the bigger machines move so nicely that I envy them.  Don't get me wrong I love Lenni  but bliss would be awesome and an upgrade I will do when I upgrade to Lucy or Freedom.  I too have upgraded my handles to the ones that Lucy comes with standard.  Lenni is awesome but if you can swing the extra throat space and the bliss go for it.  Just my Humble opinion.

I had an ultimate I I and then Lenni

While both were nice I still found the throat space limited, especially with the extended base table on. I just got my Mille which is the same size as lucey. I am loving this extra space. I also got the bliss table. It is phenomenal. If I was making the decision you are making, I would get lucey with a bliss table

With the new table for Lenni, there is no loss of space when using the extended base for ruler work so that isn't an issue.   For anyone that has a large enough room to be able to fit the 26" throat machines and tables, it's a great choice.  But for anyone with space constraints or budget constraints, they will be very happy with the performance of Lenni.  :)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the input.  I have decided that I probably would be sorry I didn't go ahead and get the Lucey for the extra space.  I'm just trying to work the finances out now, but I'm excited that I've made the decision.  I am going to get the bliss system as well since I'm taking the plunge.  I know I can upgrade later, but I might as well just do it all at once!

Thanks for all the comments and I'm sure you will hear from me again - once I get my machine.

Debbi

Archived