I finished this Glacier Star last week. Made by Darlene Conroy, a student of my husband Roger. Pattern by Judy Niemeyer.

I also blogged on this quilt. https://rosecityquilter.wordpress.com/2015/06/08/darlenes-glacier-star/

Life gets a little crazy for me these days, so I have trouble finding time to be on this forum....miss you guys....keep vowing to make more effort....

post-4326-0-74008900-1433997594_thumb.jpg

post-4326-0-87504000-1433997797_thumb.jpg

post-4326-0-65041700-1433997937_thumb.jpg

I think this is one of the most beautiful quilt patterns I've ever seen.  I love the Glacier Star.  I looked at your website at you and your husbands quilts and they are just as beautiful.  The quilting on each really goes well with the quilts.

Is there anyway you could post a picture of the back of the quilt? 

This is one I would love to make but seeing how much the kits are I don't think I would want to chance trying it without a trial version without an instructor.  It is so pretty though.

David

Did some research on the Glacier Star pattern and discovered that there is a quilt shop about 20 minutes from me where the lady is a Judy Niemeyer certified instructor.  So guess where I'm going this morning....just to check it out.

David

I think this is one of the most beautiful quilt patterns I've ever seen.  I love the Glacier Star.  I looked at your website at you and your husbands quilts and they are just as beautiful.  The quilting on each really goes well with the quilts.

Is there anyway you could post a picture of the back of the quilt? 

This is one I would love to make but seeing how much the kits are I don't think I would want to chance trying it without a trial version without an instructor.  It is so pretty though.

David

David,

I am sorry I did not get a picture of the back for some reason! This is a great patter to start with as it is a Technique of the month and is set up for learning! Glad you found a certified shop near you, they will be well trained!

Ardelle:

The quilting is absolutely outstanding.  

I would like to know if you just TLAR (that looks about right) the circles you drew around the center emblem, or do you use something to draw the circle from the very center?  I only ask, so I can improve my skills to a level that I would like to take that type of quilt on.

Cagey

Ardelle:

The quilting is absolutely outstanding.  

I would like to know if you just TLAR (that looks about right) the circles you drew around the center emblem, or do you use something to draw the circle from the very center?  I only ask, so I can improve my skills to a level that I would like to take that type of quilt on.

Cagey

Cagey,

It is not TLAR! It is simple and you will laugh and say why didn't I think of that! I have a blog on my method written and scheduled for June 23, so stay tuned! I would tell you here, but my blog is written and explains it well...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived