Modern Mess better photo

I took a hands on class from Sue Patten at MQS Cedar Rapids in May. She had us section off different parts of the quilt and try modern quilting designs in the spaces. We also just plopped down the circles and quilted over them. I finished the top in class. We were quilting on Handi Quilters. It is hard to quilt on a machine you are not used to! I filled in some of the bare places with my new Bernina for practice. I wacked off the edges in gentle curves. Then I tried a new binding. I cut 2 inch bias strips and sew it in a single layer to the back of the quilt varying the size of the seam. Then I folded the binding to the front and made the width narrow and wide. It was fun!

The judges would have to give a lot of NA's for corners are square, miters are 45 degrees and secure, and binding is consistent width! Breaking the rules is fun!post-6134-0-35194800-1436278303_thumb.jpg

Now the photo works. I chose one from my photo roll on my iPad.

HI,

I could not get the pictures to enlarge either...but it does sound intriguing...maybe you could try reloading the pictures?  Maybe the size is too large (too many pixels)...as all I got was the that rotating thing that happens when you open pictures...but it did not open it...just kept going....Lin

Just love this quilt!!!!     Have a niece visiting for a couple of days starting this evening.  She is a beginning quilter and not inhibited by quilting "rules".     Two of the quilts she has finished were crazy, but fabulous when finished.  Will show her your quilt and know she will want to try your  techniques.  Might even  try it myself.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Marilyn

Archived