So Far Lone star

Because you have soooo many options! It stops your brain.  :D

It's yours. You'll have it and look at it forever. After you finish, you'll second-guess yourself, thinking "this new thing I learned would have been better there". But no matter what you stitch, you'll smile every time you look at it.

Enjoy the time you have to finish something of your own, Miss Dell!

Thanks for showing how you are doing this. As a newbie, I love seeing everyone's quilts, but have so much to learn to get to that level. Seeing the sequence of your quilting is very helpful. I have a huge quilt yet to do that is a carpenters star, so maybe I can apply this method to that?

Beautiful quilting!

Judy

Cagey this was a Aunt Martha kit where only the lone star fabric was provided. I added the black, yellow border and multi stripe border. It is not paper pieced. Just matched most of the seams and pinned. Yes there are a few that did not meet right on.

So I'm using Lisa Calle's Quilter's Proline 2 to do 60 degree crosshatching. I have one of the wonderful summer colds and like like, well you know. So I quilted part of the first black blocks using Quilt Path. That was great. Then I started the crosshatching and wow what a mess I made. So I frogged. 

So then I got my chalk out and drew lines to follow abd taped the ruler. Now it's PURRRRRRFECT!  Cold isn't going to mess with me today!

19954224199_a611cdf529_z.jpg20150730_081551 by Dell Dunman, on Flickr

20131431941_e76c69b67f_z.jpg20150729_182421 by Dell Dunman, on Flickr

Archived