Quilt path "not responding" + USB not connected

clover_enge

I have the Millie 2013 and purchased Quilt Path last summer in June and received the original Surface with it.

I spend much of my time waiting for my tablet to stop "not responding". Many times I have created something and start to save and it will not respond and in the end everything is lost. I thought maybe it was because I have the original Surface. This morning I decided to do what I could on my laptop and the dreaded "not responding" appeared there also. I gave up for the day. All those things are so frustrating when trying to learn. Also the wait after each time I touch the screen. By the time something happens I am ready to quit. 

When I searched for others with this issue, nothing came up. Is it my laptop and my Surface?

Someone earlier had asked about the USB not connected and I thought I had found the answer at that time, but... The other day it happened about 7 times during one row of a pantograph. Then sometimes it will go a couple of rows without the problem.

Help!

Nancy E.

Nancy, we can help! There are several things you need to do, if you haven't already done them: first, check what version of QP you have installed. Current is 3.05.06. If you're on an earlier version, you'll get the dreaded "not responding" a whole lot more. Call Grace Co. and they'll walk you through the update (have your QP thumbdrive handy). Next, take the USB hub out of the circuit and plug the USB cable from the carriage directly into your tablet. Last, but definitely not least, get on the QP Facebook forum - you'll find most of your answers there, without any waiting and a LOT less stress. If you're not already part of that forum, email me and I'll get you an invite.

I am still driving my QP with the original Surface 2 - you shouldn't have issues, once you follow the steps above.

[added later...]  But we can't help you if you don't check back!!

Nancy, ditto all Barb says.  And remember the "not responding" message usually appears when you tap a second command before allowing the tablet enough time to complete the first one.  Just be patient, especially on the complicated calculations is has to do at times, like saving a pattern and quilting as rows.

• 2 months later...

Archived