Direction of bobbin thread on Millennium

I purchased a used Millennium. It is probably a 2005. It came with a VHS tape and a manual. The manual does not tell me which direction the thread needs to go when putting the bobbin in the case. I have looked on forum,YouTube and online search and nowhere can I find the answer to what should be an easy question. I am getting goobers on back of quilt. Did find video on Quilty that said culprit could be bobbin put in wrong direction. Which way does it go?

Place the bobbin in the case so when the thread is pulled the bobbin spins clockwise. With the bobbin in the case, pull out about 5 inches of thread, hold the bobbin with your thumb on the opening and your fingers at the bottom. Lay the thread along the top of your thumb/wrist and insert the bobbin, listening for the click.

I hope you have a wonderful time with your machine.

Thanks for answering. I have 5 different sewing machines and they are not all the same. I was surprised that nowhere could I find it online. I did find an APQS video on you tube about bobbin maintenance but it just said to load into the machine as usual. I will check and see which way I placed it. If I have it in right then I guess I start playing with my tensions. Thanks, again!

Another thing to check, Jolene, is that the backlash spring is in the bobbin case. If the fingers of the spring are flat, pry them up a bit. That little springs stops the rotation of the bobbin when the stitching stops. It prevents nests on the back.

JoleneFaye

When you are loading the bobbin you will notice that you are pulling the thread back in the direction it came from (u turn)to get it under the tension spring. Every machine is like this so if it is a straight pull turn the bobbin over and reload. Now you don't have to remember which way it goes you can tell by looking at it.

Nigel

Archived