Sometimes I Even Amaze Myself

Dizzy Dean once said, "It's not bragging if you can do it."  So none of the following is bragging because I am basing it on fact.

In my last post I mentioned that once a month my wife and I give the house a good cleaning.  She does certain things and I do certain things.  We've been doing this for 31 years.  Plus I knew how to clean house many years before I ever met her.  So about 2 months ago she walked up to me and said I wasn't doing a good job on my end of the cleaning so she had hired a woman to come in once a month and clean.  I said, "Go for it."  (Now here is where you need to read between the lines:  "Nobody does anything as good as my wife does it")

At the end of the month the lady came by and cleaned.  My wife chose a day when she wasn't going to be there so I had to stay home all day while this lady cleaned.  When wife got home of course she wasn't happy with the cleaning.

She said, "Didn't you check behind her?"  I said, "Hold up there Buckwheat.  You fired me remember.  I didn't know how to do a good job so who am I to tell a trained professional (she charges us to clean) how to clean."  So the next month my wife stayed home and went over a few things with the lady.  The next day my wife of course was saying she didn't do this and she didn't do that.

Fast forward to two weeks ago.  Wife comes up to me and says, "Do you think WE can start cleaning the house again?"

Do you see?  In the course of two months WITHOUT TRYING I improved enough that I can clean the house again.

So I hope all of you will think about ordering my new book that will soon be on the best seller list: "How To Improve Without Really Even Trying"

Ok, break time is over with....gotta go vacumn.

David

My mantra has always been  "Don't criticize a job unless you want to do it yourself". Unfortunately, Den's mantra is "If I do it badly enough I'll never have to do it again". We're happily married and the house is usually not ready for company!

But he's the brains and I'm the one pushing around the longarm. So it's a very happy life!   :wub:

My hubby was (is) very good at helping clean since he retired...........then he declared WE needed a cleaning lady..........for be it for me to argue, so I went on the search and found a great gal who comes every other week to do the dusting, mopping, vacuuming...........we are left with our free time to do what we enjoy...........I quilt..........he does competition Trap Shooting...........everyone is happy............

I used to do a lot more cleaning, cooking, etc., than now.  Too many arguments led to an every other week house cleaner who broke everything she touched.  It was still worth it but she had to go when we bought our car.  Car is paid off, now we need a truck.  I digress...

After more frustration and arguments I finally said if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  Now my threshold for dirt and clutter is almost as high as those I live with. 

Joan

When I just couldn't physically do housework, Himself took over.  He doesn't do it as I like, so I try to run around behind him and do what is missed, like the wall behind the stove, outside of fridge on both sides and front,  clean dishwater spatters off the window, the sill over the sink, behind the paper towels, etc.

And so it goes.   He, or our daughter house keeper who comes twoice a month don't do wood work, walls that need help, ceiling fan blades and light globes, so I have to bug them big time to get just ONE room done.

Oh well, rofl, with no flooring or carpet on living room and master bed room floors, I guess I shouldn't be so picky.  It will get done one day.

BTW, we just paid off one bill, now to zero in on another one.  Feels so good.

Rita

When I worked full time my husband insisted that I have a housekeeper and I loved it. I'm not particularly good at it( momma tried). When I retired from off the ranch job to working at home, he asked me if I still wanted help, Duh! Of course I said yes! My husband is an excellent cleaner and very picky about it. However, now he has "aged" he is so not picky nor is he a clean nut anymore. So weird, our children can hardly believe how he's changed. So we still have a housekeeper but now she has to work for her money!

Archived