Alarm!

Anne Que

Something quite terrible happened. I was sewing with my Millennium and I used the Intelliquilter so the machine was sewing on its own. When I pushed the batting under the table and the batting got caught in the place where the bobbin is. The machine stopped immediately , no current. I have removed the needle and than removed the iron plate. I could quite easily tear the batting out. But now the machine will not switch on anymore. Of course there is a (nearly finished) quilt on it. I feel quite desperate because I live in Europe and Is to be hoped that there is nothing seriously broken. Everything looks normal. Maybe it is a fuse? Can it be replaced?

Please please  help me?

Anne

post-3079-0-60251000-1439457458_thumb.jpg

Now after I had calmed down a little, I took Marti's excellent advise and looked up on youtube how to replace the fuse. And to my delight I saw there was a spare fuse inside the machine! So I changed the fuse and the power was back on again! But something still did not seem right. Then I discovered that the hopping foot was too high. Probably due to the blow. And also the needle did not seem to be in the exact middle of the hopping foot.  Somehow it must be possible to lower and adjust that again? I tried to look it up but could not find it. Is there maybe a instruction video on this?

Anne

Ok Anne.  First thing is did you put all the washers back under the needle plate?  Rotate the flywheel by hand until it is at the lowest point.  You should be able to slide one or two business cards under the foot.  To access the screw to adjust the height there is a hole in the cover on the right side of the head.  It is just forward and above the tension assembly and may have a black plastic cap in the hole.  Shine a flashlight  in the hole and you will see the screw in the clamp.  It can only be seen with the foot in the lowest position.  Loosen the screw a little put the foot where you want it and tighten.  Sometimes when you jam the hook like that you might have to retime your machine.  Amy has an excellent video of that on the APQS home page under product care, instructional videos.

Nigel

P.S.  Make sure you get a couple of spare fuses today.  They usually blow when the shops are closed.  Ask me how I know.

Hello all,

So I am back on track again. I did the timing and all the hopping foot adjustments, I had to fiddle with the tension a bit and now the machine works fine. And yes Nigel, I will order the fuses immediately, good idea, because I have never seen these fuses in my country. What I also did was threading the machine anew, because I found that that does wonders sometimes. Thank you for your support.

Anne

Archived