Setting up George, Foot Pedal not working?

Ok, setting up my new to me machine.  2008 George

There is this cord hanging from a place that looks like where I would plug in the foot pedal. (it is the grey cord with a black female end ) And, the foot pedal jack DOES fit in this cable end.  However, it doesn't make George run.  My manual does not have anything that looks like this on the back of the machine.It says plug foot pedal directly into back under table. I have no hole to do so. 

I know he is ready to run, as I've pushed the needle up and down button and it works.  

Any clues? Anyone?

post-66896-0-08139000-1440191496_thumb.jpg

post-66896-0-70211000-1440191523_thumb.jpg

It looks like it is plugged in correctly.  This is going to sound dumb, but have you push the foot peddle in both directions?  Mine says Yamaha on it, and you depress it with your heal not your toes.  I flipped it upside down to be more like my DSM.  If you test drove George before purchase, I believe that is the most likely problem.  

All I can suggest is that you try unplugging the male end from the female end, and reconnect it after blowing out any lint inside the female end.  If that does not work, try taking tension off of the wire where it enters into George.  There could be a break in the wire.  With the foot peddle depressed to run, try bending the wire as you move up from the foot control to the machine.  If that does not fix your problem, I believe you will have to e-mail or call APQS to get them involved.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope you have George up and running soon.

Cagey

I see you purchased George from APQS after replying to your post, so I believe it is the direction you are pushing the foot peddle.  

Archived