Fil tec changing

I agree with Barb. I bet they will still sell their products for close to what you've spent before. Maybe they'll market like Superior, regular prices with occasional sales on line, prices reduced a bit at the shows, and wholesale to those that qualify. It wouldn't be a good idea to alienate/eliminate your customers and they have a big fan base.

I also received the email and was concerned and called Fil-Tec this morning.  Anyone who has ordered from them in the past and has an account will be able to order in the future even if they do not have a resale tax ID.  Anyone who does not have a resale tax ID after September 8 will have to purchase from a retail source.  People have until September 8 to establish an account if they do not currently have one and they will then be able to purchase after the change.  Hope that makes sense.

Carmen:

Just to be sure I understand.  I have to place an order and set up an account with "http://www.bobbincentral.com",as that is the sight that I am taken to when I try to order something from Fil-Tec?

I have not ordered from them in the past, but will do so now with the change coming.  Checking out there site, they have a number of threads that I want to try out.  Has anyone used the Luminary glow in the dark thread?  I think it could add a magical surprise to a baby quilt.

Cagey

My understanding is that there are many, many shops starting to carry Fil-Tec threads and that they will transition to being a wholesale supplier. You can find Glide in my online shop as well as most of the other APQS stores too- and a host of other retail shops too! I hope that helps! :)

I have an account with them but have ended my business in Virginia.  I don't plan on getting a business license in MI until I retire.  I hope, I can still get thread from them.  If not are you guys selling the thread going to have color charts available to buy (or request).

• 3 weeks later...

Their new web page is up and running - as wholesale - when I tried to use my old ID and Password, they didn't work .  I looked at the "new registration" form, and  you have to input a Fed Tax ID.

Or find a "store" that sells Fil Tec threads.  Thankfully there are two in Iowa, but they're several hours away.   Better yet, AQS show starts here Sept 30th, so I'll stock up then.   

Their new web page is up and running - as wholesale - when I tried to use my old ID and Password, they didn't work .  I looked at the "new registration" form, and  you have to input a Fed Tax ID.

Or find a "store" that sells Fil Tec threads.  Thankfully there are two in Iowa, but they're several hours away.   Better yet, AQS show starts here Sept 30th, so I'll stock up then.   

I just went to their new page was able to sign in. Check your ID and password.  I don't have a tax ID

Archived