how long?

my inheritance check is in the mail and I should have the money by next week.  Yay!!!  Closer to my Millie.

I've already paid a deposit on my machine.  Once the money is in my account and I can pay for the rest, how long will it take before a machine is delivered?  I mean, a ballpark idea.  I'm going out of town for Labor Day weekend, and am trying to plan.  

O.K. really I'm chomping at the bit for my machine, and it's all I can think about.  

The company builds the machines as they're paid for. Ten years ago I ordered mine at a road show in June and since the June machines were already in the works, mine was built in July. It was about four weeks from final payment to shipment, with an added 5 days in transit from Iowa to Washington. 

Get a white board or some drawing paper and put them to good use. Piece some quilts. Put them in a pile and decide which one you'll do first. Arrange and rearrange the studio in your mind. Look at and bookmark videos that interest you. Then your machine will be home!

• 3 weeks later...

I was kidding about driving over to pick it up!  I still have to put a new floor down in my new quilting area so I can clean out the room where the Millie will go (by the way, I think my machine will be called "Malcolm.").  I have the new flooring stacked up and ready to go it's just a matter of setting aside the time.  They told me they are waiting for 12 foot rails right now, so it's going to take an extra week or two.  I'll just work on making more quilt tops that need to be quilted!

Archived