You all are so quiet!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I could say I have been busy quilting, but I have had my 23-month old grandson for 11 days and DH and I have been working on building a workstation around my long arm with IKEA products (hacking) and now I am sick from all the "back to school germs" from the grands.  I have a pile of quilts ready to go though and hope to get at them starting tomorrow.

Both wife and I have been sick for a couple of weeks but doing better now....got the backing on my frame and noticed the plastic that is on top of the rails where my rollers ride was split and had to order new plastic rails....they should be in first of next week.

Other than that just trying to stay out of trouble.  LOL

David

I know a lot of people are on Facebook, that could be why it is so quiet here. I know when I was posting here a few years ago, we had the best quilting chat on the internet. So much great advice and quilting inspiration. I learned so much here about quilting, and made some of the best friends I have ever known. I still hang out with some of my BFFs, have even reserved our hotel rooms for MQS in May 2016, cannot wait!!! We need to get this place hopping again. 

yes...it would be great to keep this site going!  I know the yahoo groups I am in have been dwindling fast!  I haven't done face book and really don't want too...I like the topic organization of this form and the search features and I don't know how all that works on facebook....so keep on posting here folks...Please!

I think ever since the forum changed to a new format, we lost some members and I do see them posting on the MQR forum....maybe it was the loss of familiarity, maybe it was the loss of sign in passwords...who knows?  but I do remember it being a much busier place when I first started long arming and I learned so much from everyone then!

I slowed down a lot when the forum format changed. I kept having trouble posting pictures. Then, shortly after that, illness got in the way. Now I am unable to work like I used to. I only quilt for one client now...a really great, talented and patient one. She has to be patient because what used to take me three or four days now takes me three or four months to finish.

Now I spend more time creating small quilts for myself when I am able. I'm having a wonderful time doing that and am thinking about making something to put on etsy to see if I can make some fun money for fabric.

This forum was so much fun all those years ago!! I'm sure there are many lovely new people who I've missed out on over the past few years.

Jess

It's been so long since I've been on here I had to go look my password up lol. I still look every once in awhile to see whats going on but I agree its not what it was when I first started. There were so many nice pictures on here to get inspiration from and great hints and tips.  I don't know if it's just my computer but with pictures posted with Flicker I can't see much of the quilting its sorta blurry looking. I hope it gets back to what it was I don't care a whole lot for the other forums.

Hi old friends and new! I too remember how active and entertaining this site was. It is different with the new format. Lots of new peeps though! Love checking everyone's pics. I visit a lot, but don't post much anymore. I have had 2 complicated back surgeries since January and haven't been able to use Millie. I have at least 7 tops just waiting. Hopefully soon!

I guess I came after the change but I love this site....not sure how the pictures were loaded on the old site but I also think this is pretty easy to load pictures.  This site is so much better than the sites I belong to on the yahoo site....I hate yahoo forums but I belong to several.  

David

Hi David, Yes, this is a great site. You are right, before I found this site I tried Yahoo too. A few years ago, this sight was extremely busy. So busy that you could not keep up with all the conversations going on. The topics were heart felt. Prayer requests. Problems with machines or figuring out how to do something on a machine. Directions on how to do a particular technique, etc. I know those things are going on now too, but this was rapid fire. It was so much fun that I could barely get any quilting done...but I did :)  It would be fun to see it get back to that. 

Archived