American Glory Quilt

I have a new client that found me through my blog and she is an American living in Germany.  When she was deployed to Africa for 7 month she keep busy sewing quilt tops in her tent in the evenings.  She sent me two of her quilt tops that she made there and this is one of them. The pattern is called American Glory, she asked for custom quilting and said she liked feathers.  That made my job easy!   I sent her pictures of the quilt finished and she was very happy with the job I did!

So this has been a well traveled quilt.   Pieced in Africa, then home to Germany, off to me in Canada to quilt and it is now getting ready for the trip back to Germany.

post-3485-0-58915100-1444180814_thumb.jpg

post-3485-0-20601600-1444180893_thumb.jpg

post-3485-0-63501700-1444180907_thumb.jpg

post-3485-0-99319500-1444180927_thumb.jpg

I love how you quilted this!  Your customer will be pleased I'm sure.  Love the soft colors.

Great story of this quilts journey.  It would be interesting to see her set-up in her tent as she quilted.

Pat you can see pictures of her tent and room on my blog post of her other quilt that I quilted for her here  

Love the story as much as the quilt and I DO love the quilt and quilting.  I love anything patriotic.  On your second picture you have the quilt displayed in front of a pond...is that your pond?  If so, then I might could be persuaded to let ya'll adopt me.  I love ponds and lakes.  I don't eat much and I could keep the lake clean for you.

David

Love the story as much as the quilt and I DO love the quilt and quilting.  I love anything patriotic.  On your second picture you have the quilt displayed in front of a pond...is that your pond?  If so, then I might could be persuaded to let ya'll adopt me.  I love ponds and lakes.  I don't eat much and I could keep the lake clean for you.

David

David I live on the shore of a large lake in Northern Manitoba called Schist Lake.    Since your from Texas I'm not sure you could handle the -40'c winters!   :P

This is the lake in the winter, are you good at shoveling and sweeping the ice so I can take quilt pictures?

post-3485-0-02800600-1444331473_thumb.jpg

post-3485-0-01709800-1444331555_thumb.jpg

Archived