Maddie sewing

It was my weekend with Madison and I had lots of sewing to do.  Maddie was excited to get started on a quilt.  We started it months and months ago but only got in an hour or two.  I usually get it started and then let her sew the seam but I'm right by her side.  Well what a difference a few months makes!  This time I set up my 2nd machine, showed her once what to do, lowered the sewing speed and let her go.  She was doing it all, lining up the 2 1/2" strips, starting, ending, the whole bit.  She sewed 27 sets together and only had to unsew the last one.  She begged to go back down to "our" sewing room after dinner so she could work more.  When I told her it was time to stop she begged to be able to do one more!  LOL  Yes I think I've created a monster.  It was wonderful that I could actually get my sewing done too but I had to share my pressing surface much quicker between units then I expected.  LOL  The goal is to make a chevron quilt so next step will be to cut the squares and sew them back together.  She is a natural.  She raised the sewing speed many times as it was "just too slow for her."  LOL yup she is my niece.

post-2404-0-96686100-1444665127_thumb.jpg

Beautiful little girl and is going to be an excellent quilter with that much excitement.  

My young teen grandaughter came to me about 2 years ago and wanted me to help her make a quilt for her bed....she and the wife picked out the pattern and fabric and I helped her by showing her how to make the blocks...she worked all weekend making blocks for her quilt.  That was 2 years ago...hasn't touched it since.  I asked her about it a while back and it was like she didn't really care one way or the other.  Shezzzz..teens....so maybe one day I'll finish it.

David

Oh!  My goodness my input isn't here.

Heidi, Please tell Maddie that she is just too cute in those glasses!

She is so grown up.

That is the smile I've been wanting to see!  So Pretty!

Give both of you a hug.  You both deserve it!

Thanks Rita I will.  I can't tell you how many times she comes without those glasses and then tells me she can see.  All day she kept telling me how well she could see...really?    8 year olds know everything!  Her favorite expression these days is "I know."  I'm sure we'll get more sewing in this weekend.  She will be anxious to get his quilt together I think or at least using more of my tools!  She loves the studio cutter.  LOL

Oh the memories of that gal growing up from what was a little child when she

first came to you, and baking and staying clean, and so on.

Where have the last 5 years gone?

At least she is interested enough to quilt and learn, etc.

At her age she has more go juice than we adults. l0l

Oh the memories of that gal growing up from what was a little child when she

first came to you, and baking and staying clean, and so on.

Where have the last 5 years gone?

At least she is interested enough to quilt and learn, etc.

At her age she has more go juice than we adults. l0l

Rita it has been 6 years!  Washing at her mother's is still a problem.  I talked to her about this this this week, she said Sunday gets a shower before she goes back to Daddy's, that means no shower since Wed. - Sunday :-(.  Makes me so sad.  Yes she definitely is a little energizer bunny!  Some days I wish she weren't.  LOL

Archived