Beginner quilt

I have been quilting about a year. I pieced this hexagon top by hand last summer while we traveled. I quilted the first half on my Elna sewing machine this spring. I bought the George at a road show in it indiana. I quilted the second half on it. Wow what a difference. So much fun in my sewing studio. I have learned a lot since I started piecing the quilt I know I have several mistakes such as color theory etc. But, I have had so much fun doing this. I want to just keep improving. It is such a creative activity. I have enjoyed this forum. Seems as though I learn something new each time I visit.

post-67334-0-55467500-1444672590_thumb.jpg

post-67334-0-79118200-1444672605_thumb.jpg

post-67334-0-08381900-1444672620_thumb.jpg

One thing that was so much fun about this quilt was the fact that I could use a different design on each hexagon. I have watched a lot of tutorials. I would practice them on my dry eraser board then on a quilt sandwich and then the quilt. It surely gave me a chance to devidence which one is liked better. It is just for our bed.

Your quilt looks Great!!!  The thing I love about quilting is the creative process and the fact that there is No Rules! My advice is have fun and don't be afraid to try new things. One of my biggest moto's I use when someone says they want to try something new,  I say...."Go for it"!

Archived