Michigan, where are all the quilters

I moved to Michigan in May and finally unpacked everything and got my studio set-up.  I'm having "quilt shop, guild, show and quilty friend withdraws!  I cannot find quilt shops or guilds in my area, Port Huron ( well I take that back, I know there's at least one small shop here).    I only found guild when I goggled it and it's a church guild which meets in the daytime.  I work during the day so I would need to find a night guild or group.  Can anyone give me info on this area, especially guilds and shows, I need more gadgets and fabric, LOL.

Have you found Sew Elegant Quilt shop in Port Huron?  It's huge.  I will say though that they are almost a one price fits all no matter the age of the fabric, but you can find just about anything there.  Mary Maxim's in Port Huron has a small collection of fabrics, but they are usually very nice.  My friends and I usually make a trek out there once or twice a year.  Other than that, I am not sure about guilds or shows.  I live near Rochester. 

Hi from Ontario, about 40 min. from the Ambassador Bridge!  I don't know about guilds in Port Huron, but there is one in Sarnia, just over the Bluewater Bridge.  Ann Arbor MI has an outstanding guild and people in my area make the trip over to attend some of their mtgs.  It has a very large membership.  You could google & likely find more information.

Buttonflower (Linda)

One of the things I miss most about living in Ann Arbor is the Ann Arbor Sewing Center on Jackson Rd in Ann Arbor.

I visit this shop every single time I'm back visiting friends.

There is also another great shop in Tecumseh, The Quilt Patch.

In Wayne, Bits & Pieces is a gem...run by Julie Hale.

There is also a huge shop in Grayling, but I can't remember the name.

You'll find your spot...just keep looking.

Thanks everyone, I'm still looking.  Port Huron seems to be far away from everyone, Ann Arbor would be a long drive on a work night but I'll probably get up there sometime to check out the shops.   I got "Gator" up and running over the weekend but she looks so small (millie with 10FT table)  in my basement studio, it may be time to do a trade up.   Thanks Rita, I can't make the day guild because I work during their meetings.  I would love to retire but thinking about a new machine, LOL. 

Archived